2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

2004 SXT Trans Problem!

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 09:59 AM
jarred.burns
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 SXT Trans Problem!

Ok, let me give you the background story first.

A couple of weeks ago when the whole country became an ice box (even in FL), my car's transmission started to act up. I turned the car on, put it in reverse and backed out of the parking space. Then I put it in drive and pushed the gas and my engine revved up but I didn't go anywhere. While I was thinking about how I was gonna get to work, the trans went in gear and started moving forward. It was about 36 degrees that morning so I just attributed it to the cold weather.

Then a couple of days later while I was leaving work it did the same thing and has continued to do it every couple of days. Now I noticed that the engines rpms are off too. For example, I take the interstate to work and cruise at 70 mph and the engine is at about 2700 rpms. Then yesterday while I was coming home from work I was cruising at 70 mph and the engine was at 3000 rpms.

So I guess my question is it just the trans filter or do the bands need to be adjusted? I went ahead and got a new trans filter and I'm going to put it in after I finish this. Has anyone else had this problem? Any help would be great!

Old 01-20-2014, 04:30 AM
73novass
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any codes check engine light on? I believe there is no bands to adjust that was on the older cars, I recently replaced my Transmission-Automatic : Control Solenoid not saying it is your problem I got the limp mode and it was that but it does control the transmission. its like 140 then to install it if you cant it is pretty easy though.

Quick Reply: 2004 SXT Trans Problem!