2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

who's running what struts?

Old 02-03-2014, 08:06 PM
srt4rez
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default who's running what struts?

So what is everyone out there running as far as struts? High end and low end, meaning the cheapest and expensive. Which one would be the bang for the buck?

Old 02-05-2014, 10:29 AM
Ghost Neon 2
Record Breaker

What type of driving are you doing? What suspension modifications do you have thus far? You could score some srt acr tokicos for a decent price. Seems the best value, mileage depending. Should also look into sway bar upgrades also.

Old 02-05-2014, 12:32 PM
srt4rez
Professional

Thank you for the feed back, Im still running the oem struts front and rear. I need to change them out soon. I have about 102k on my ride as of today. Just normal driving and alittle of the dirt roads everyday. But I don't drive the srt4 everyday, trying to save mileages on it. Front is oem swaybar and bushings and running hotchis sway bar for the rear and bushings too. I will consider what you recommended. Any other suggestions will be greatly appreciated. This is on my srt4 neon. My sxt neon is oem struts too, front and rear and poly bushings front and rear. Oem sway bar front and rear. I've changed out the struts before. Has over 150k for now.

Last edited by srt4rez; 02-05-2014 at 12:40 PM.
Old 02-05-2014, 06:03 PM
AnthemBassMan
Veteran

-I'll be replacing my factory struts with those Unity complete strut assemblies in the near future. Starting to get some wheel bounce in the rear when hitting some bumps. But the car has around 142k on it now. I guess it's time...

L8R,
Matt

Old 02-05-2014, 11:04 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

What kind of ride do you want?

Old 03-05-2014, 11:13 PM
Ajc_r/t

I have the Tokiko blues on my 02 r/t, got the kit that came with the struts and Springs. So far no complaints, handles well but the ride can be a little hard, potholes are a huge pain in the rear! I got the infamous strut mount clanking about two years after lowering it, replacing the mounts and filling the gaps with Urethane fixed that right up, also replaced the sway bar links front and rear and I'm really happy with the handling. Does well in autocross for what it is apparently Tokiko isn't a company anymore, bought out by Hitachi automotive or something, not sure, but I'm happy with the setup. Going to install some tower braces next to stiffen things up a bit more.
Hope this helps.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: who's running what struts?