2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Help granny with a tranny

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 01:46 PM
Granella
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help granny with a tranny

02'dodge neon bought in o4' with 41k miles . 3 years ago tran locked up in the mid .of 3 lane hwy. God is good cause I am still alive. Put it in the shop, trans was supposed to be rebuilt. engine light been on awhile but nothing ever seemed to change,even before lock down .now 3 years later after rebuild of tranny. a few times since then, it stopped shifting out ,but always reverted. Recently stopped shifting out and has not reverted. Had it tested again ,codes came up PO700-supposedly trans axle control system/ via autozone and PO551 power steering pressure switch. on trans axle proposed cause is shortage or open circuit within trans axle . in english exactly what does this mean ? I understand the concept of a short or that something may be unplugged but where would i look for this ? Also since this has happened ,speed ometer stopped working , put it in neutral and revved engine a bit and speedometer started working again , not sure exactly whats going on and since I am on a low fixed income ,not sure how far I should persue this as I can not afford a new one or even a good used one.Please help. Granella

Last edited by Granella; 03-24-2014 at 01:48 PM.
Old 03-24-2014, 06:49 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

Welcome to the forum. I will move your post to the correct technical section so you can get some help.

Quick Reply: Help granny with a tranny