2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Replacing Lower Control Arm Bushings

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 03:20 PM
stuckemn
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacing Lower Control Arm Bushings

I have a 2003 Dodge Neon SXT and I need to replace the lower control arm bushings. The guy at the tire shop told me they had pulled through, but he didn't seem like I needed to do it right away.

So I have two questions. 1) If I do this myself, will it also need an alignment? 2) It has recently started making a scraping sound when going over uneven road. Can I wait another month and a half without damaging anything else before I fix it? The reason I want to wait is that's the next time I can visit my uncle who has the tools to replace the bushings.

I appreciate any help. Thanks

Old 04-01-2014, 01:55 PM
TejasMtnBiker
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it's pretty easy just need a big wrench to get one of the undercarriage bolts out... no you wont need an alignment but i would get one soon after, getting the old bushings out is easy too, I used pb penetrating oil, med side sledge hammer & a few wood blocks to press out the old bushing... but when your that deep in might as well do ball joints, inner & outer tie rods... this is the kit I used http://www.ebay.com/itm/Energy-Suspension-Front-Control-Arm-Bushings-Dodge-Cars-Neon-2000-2005-5-3123BL-/151226968374?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2335d46936&vxp=mtr Modern Perf might have them cheaper

Quick Reply: Replacing Lower Control Arm Bushings