Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Upper and Lower Strut Mounts

Old 03-28-2014, 12:02 AM
Professional
Garage is empty, add now

Default Upper and Lower Strut Mounts

I have a 2000 Neon with almost 180K. I have probably changed the struts mounts 4 times in the last 4 years. (Yes I did measure the upper strut to 119mm). I looked at OEM sites and it will cost me about $200 with shipping for the two if I go that route.
Is there a cheaper option the will resolve this problem? Engine and Tranny mounts have also been replaced. Thanks.
This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Dodge Forums!
Old 03-30-2014, 10:10 PM
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
2003 Dodge Neon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbhawaiian View Post
I have a 2000 Neon with almost 180K. I have probably changed the struts mounts 4 times in the last 4 years. (Yes I did measure the upper strut to 119mm). I looked at OEM sites and it will cost me about $200 with shipping for the two if I go that route.
Is there a cheaper option the will resolve this problem? Engine and Tranny mounts have also been replaced. Thanks.
What problem?

Torque Strut Alignment Procedure | Maintenance Info | '00-'02 FSM | '03-'05 FSM | FAQ and Performance Thread

Please do not PM me questions about your Neon. Start a thread. Your questions will be answered quicker that way.
If you do PM me, expect a 1-2 week wait for a reply.
All FSM pictures, pages and information: 2003 DaimlerChrysler Corporation
Old 03-31-2014, 12:50 PM
Professional
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthroush View Post
What problem?
The rubber in the aftermarket mounts are cracked and don't last very long. I saw one of your older postings about installing inserts to reinforce them. Can I install them on my cracked mounts or should I get them replaced first? Thank you.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:04 PM
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
2003 Dodge Neon

They need to be replaced first before installing the inserts. I'm curious how they are going bad so fast? I drove my Neon probably more aggressively than my Mustang, lol, but I didn't go through those torque struts that fast. I replaced them once after I bought the car because they were bad, and they were still good when the car was totaled (about 70,000 or so miles later).

Torque Strut Alignment Procedure | Maintenance Info | '00-'02 FSM | '03-'05 FSM | FAQ and Performance Thread

Please do not PM me questions about your Neon. Start a thread. Your questions will be answered quicker that way.
Old 04-04-2014, 12:58 PM
Professional
Garage is empty, add now

Default Heck if I can figure it out

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthroush View Post
They need to be replaced first before installing the inserts. I'm curious how they are going bad so fast? I drove my Neon probably more aggressively than my Mustang, lol, but I didn't go through those torque struts that fast. I replaced them once after I bought the car because they were bad, and they were still good when the car was totaled (about 70,000 or so miles later).
I'm sure a big part of it is using the cheap DEA/Anchor struts made with hard rubber. I did save the Deyeme Racing web site from an old post and may go that route. When I bought this car the end piece (counter balance) was missing from the struts. You think that may be part of the problem? Any way thanks so much for your help.
Old 04-06-2014, 03:07 PM
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
2003 Dodge Neon

IDK. I had Anchor mounts on mine. If the end-piece you are talking about is what I think it is, no, I don't see that being part of the problem. Race mount are going to create bad vibration in the car.

Old 04-06-2014, 03:07 PM