2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Problems with P0344 code always coming up

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 01:39 PM
hoobair1118
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Problems with P0344 code always coming up

I have heard neons are notorious for this code and can always stem from the wire harness being bad because of the spot that it is at and vibration causes it to chaff. About 35000 miles I had the same problem the check engine light came on and the car starting erattic when you accelerated, sounded like a popping sound when you reach a high speed and the car sputtered to go. I took it to autozone and I replaced the cam sensor. Well it just happened again but this time it stemmed off of turning on the AC. Not 5 minutes after I had turned it on the check engine light came on as well as the car wouldnt accelerate past 2500 rpms before it started the whole what seemed like a misfire. Got it home just fine without accelerating past 2500 rpms, took it to autozone and this code pops up again. I know a guy that has a turbo neon and he said he has replaced many of those wire harness cause they are so cheaply made. I had the spark plugs and wires changed out 1500 miles ago so I know thats not the problem. The other three indicators are the cam sensor again, checking the wire harness or checking the timing belt. Can someone shed some light to me on what it can be slightly narrowed down to. Im replacing the cam sensor but in case there is a further problem id like some input if anyone cold help. Thanks Chris

Old 04-21-2014, 02:30 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Welcome to DF. What year is your Neon so this can be moved to the proper technical section?

Old 04-23-2014, 08:56 AM
hoobair1118
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey sorry it took forever to register on the site. Its a 2005 dodge neon sxt with a 2.0 no turbo

Old 04-23-2014, 10:56 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by hoobair1118
I have heard neons are notorious for this code and can always stem from the wire harness being bad because of the spot that it is at and vibration causes it to chaff. About 35000 miles I had the same problem the check engine light came on and the car starting erattic when you accelerated, sounded like a popping sound when you reach a high speed and the car sputtered to go. I took it to autozone and I replaced the cam sensor. Well it just happened again but this time it stemmed off of turning on the AC. Not 5 minutes after I had turned it on the check engine light came on as well as the car wouldnt accelerate past 2500 rpms before it started the whole what seemed like a misfire. Got it home just fine without accelerating past 2500 rpms, took it to autozone and this code pops up again. I know a guy that has a turbo neon and he said he has replaced many of those wire harness cause they are so cheaply made. I had the spark plugs and wires changed out 1500 miles ago so I know thats not the problem. The other three indicators are the cam sensor again, checking the wire harness or checking the timing belt. Can someone shed some light to me on what it can be slightly narrowed down to. Im replacing the cam sensor but in case there is a further problem id like some input if anyone cold help. Thanks Chris

I am providing information from the service manual for the P0344 code as this may help you with the diagnosis of your issue.

Last edited by DodgeCares; 02-10-2015 at 10:39 AM.

Quick Reply: Problems with P0344 code always coming up