2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Finally almost fixed... one last problem (creaks/rusty door hinge sound)

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 11:40 AM
alturic
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally almost fixed... one last problem (creaks/rusty door hinge sound)

So, I've made a few threads here in the past few months and now have one last nagging problem.

The only (for the love of all that is sacred I hope it's something stupid and not a balljoint) thing left is a creak (rusty door hinge sound) when getting out of the car almost all the time, turning the wheel "slightly" (as in millimeters and only in certain "positions", almost as if you're forcing it to make the noise really) and coming to a stop/accelerating from a stop almost all the time "worse" when accelerating.

I'm trying to think what all is technically "shifting/moving" when doing all of those 3 things considering it's the exact same noise with all 3 of those things... especially what all is "moving" when getting out of a car?

I won't list what's been replaced, but rather what HASN'T been replaced on BOTH sides in the past 3 months:

power steering rack
coil springs (as I said, reused them no signs of cracking or any sort of wear)
the actual bushings that hold the sway bar to the frame.

Everything and anything else related to steering or suspension has been replaced in the past 3 months. I am taking it to a shop today just to get a "professionals" opinion on the creaking but I don't expect much as 4 shops didn't figure out the vibration/feeling in pedals over bumps was because of the struts but we'll see. I just hope it's not the balljoints as I'm already ~$1600 into the car so far. :-/

Quick Reply: Finally almost fixed... one last problem (creaks/rusty door hinge sound)