2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

how to inspect middle/rear motor mount.

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 06:07 PM
truebluecougarman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to inspect middle/rear motor mount.

Is there an easy way to tell if this middle mount (the one between the upper and lower on pass. side) has failed? I ask because both my upper and lower mounts have failed recently, and I'm thinking there's something causing more stress.....either this middle mount being bad, or I need new struts. Any ideas?

Old 07-06-2014, 02:50 PM
sbhawaiian
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You talking about the one with the T55 torque tip? If you have over 100K on your car I would say it's time to do it. I did mine and it's a pain to do. If you plan to tackle it I would look at all 4 mounts (upper strut, lower strut, engine, and trans mounts. It's almost like doing a timing belt replacement. The timing belt cover has to come off for the mount to be removed (It's a bear to come off and if you force it the plastic timing belt cover will break. Do look at youtube videos. The cars engine will have to lowered and raised to remove bolts and to do a final alignment of the engine. If you decide to do it you should also consider changing your timing belt, tensioner, and water pump of there is more then 50K on it since the last replacement.

Quick Reply: how to inspect middle/rear motor mount.