2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Power lock problem while car is off

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2014, 04:06 PM
Hippoh
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power lock problem while car is off

Hello everyone,

I've recently run into a weird problem with my 2002 Dodge Neon SXT and was wondering if anyone had input. There's actually been 2 problems that have popped up at once, and I'm assuming they're related.

The first problem is that my power door lock switch only works when the key is in and turned. Both sides do not lock/unlock when the car is off, I've just been locking it manually. However as soon as I turn the key, the locks work as normal.

The second problem happens when I open two doors at once and I think it might be alarm related. When there are two doors open, I start to hear a clicking noise to the right of the dash and my headlights flash a little. Every three or four clicks, there is also a beep(sounds similar to a horn beep only quiet) along with a brighter headlight flash. During the louder beeps, the trunk lock also "shakes" and opens the trunk. As soon as I close one of the doors, all the beeping and clicking stops.

The only other information that could be useful is that my key fob stopped working like 8 months ago and I just stopped using it and never had any problems. My best guess would be that it's a wiring problem, but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask for input before bringing it into the shop. IThank you

Quick Reply: Power lock problem while car is off