2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Where is the fuel filter?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2005, 02:51 PM
sismo817
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where is the fuel filter?

My car is really jumpy, kinda stallin at stop lights. I just changed the spark plugs, however I need a new air filter and want to change the fuel filter but am not sure where it is located. Another thing, when I check my spark plugs how would I know if the fuel is to rich or lean? what can I do to fix the prob? Thanks for all the help.

SISMO17

Old 10-21-2005, 02:46 AM
whyte69
Veteran
Default RE: Where is the fuel filter?

if I'm not mistaken, the fuel filter should be located right next to your fuel pump, which is inside your gas tank.

As for finding out the fuel leanness or richness check your engines error codes. Turn your key in the ignition off and on 3 times. If you have a digital odometer it will flash the error codes. Watch for error code 52, which means it's rich and 51 if its lean. If you have an analog odometer, then watch your 'Service Engine' Light. It will flash a number of times, this indicates the first digit of the error code, then there will be a short delay, followed by another series of flashes, this is the second digit of the error code. You will never see more than 9 flashes for any digit. If you see error code 55, it means there are no errors to report.

Old 10-21-2005, 02:53 AM
lilracingneon
Default RE: Where is the fuel filter?

my 03 has the filter attached to the pump but its on the right side of the tank. someone told me it was outside of it which would explain the box thats located on the right outside p0art of the tank. not sure bout earlier years

Quick Reply: Where is the fuel filter?