2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

03 SXT Transmission problems?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 08:19 PM
Taz_the_Reaper
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 03 SXT Transmission problems?

Hello I'm new here so I apologize if this question has been answered before.
A couple months agwhile leaving work my car bucked hard enough going from 1st to 2nd to bottom out the front end and the speedometer started wavering, so i limped her back to woek and trailers her to the best transmission shop in town, thinking it could be a speed sensor, they said everything was nnormal, except for a cylinder 3 misfire, so when i got it back I checked the wires plugs coil pack(all of which were just a couple mpnths old) and objectors to make sure it was getting fuel and spark, everything was normal, in fact it all looked amazing considering the rough winter we had. But it ran fine other than a somewhat noticeable drop in fuel economy.
Anyways flash forward to last sunday, I was on my way home and shhe started bucking again, and i started limping her back to my garage aand on the way i lost 1st 2nd and 4th, in drive It goes right into 3rd and wont leave, although i still have reverse neutral and park. Ive checked the fluid, which was ever so slightly burnt from overheating from not shifting, vacuum and electrical to the transmission and everything seems ok in that i cant find any obvious leaks or breaks. There does seem to be a. loose sennsor on the front top next to the bellhousing.
Also I lost the speedometer completely during the second event, it would only come back on hard acceleration.
Anyways im at a loss, I'd hate to get rid of her cause shes been the best $500 I ever spent.
She has 162k miles and Is an SXT automatic.

Quick Reply: 03 SXT Transmission problems?