2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

03 Neon sxt Fuel pump help

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2014, 11:49 PM
lawsonej
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 Neon sxt Fuel pump help

Hello folks. I just obtained an 03 dodge neon sxt. The previous owner suspected a fuel pump problem with this car. It cranks but will not fire up. It will start with gasoline or starting fluid. When you turned the key, the original pump did not make any noise or prime the lines. So i replaced the whole pump module. I disconnected battery, then wiring harness, the sending unit clip and the the necessary tubes/hoses before lowering the tank. I simply took out and screwed in the new pump and did everything in reverse for assembly. The new pump is also not priming/ starting/humming when key is put in on position. Ive tried many key turns, many starts and have done about anything except using a meter to check to see if the harness is getting voltage. Is there anything i could have missed, or things that go easily wrong with the connectors on disassembly/reassembly? Sorry i also replaced the fuse and Fuel pump relay as well. I really appreciate any help or ideas any one can give me in advance. Thank you, Evan

Last edited by lawsonej; 09-12-2014 at 11:50 PM. Reason: forgot

Quick Reply: 03 Neon sxt Fuel pump help