2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

2002 Neon SE with 2005 Transmission How to replace TCM

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2015, 08:58 PM
natashaneon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Neon SE with 2005 Transmission How to replace TCM

Dealership diagnosed bad TCM as did All Automatic trans shop. I do not have 1,200.00 this is gonna be the 2nd trans after 2 failed rebuilds by an ex dodge mechanic tried to rebuil my 2002 trans. I don't know about compatibility I trusted my mechanic. Took him 1 1/2 years to do it. I finally got car back 2 years ago and now this. I have had bad luck with cars my whole life I love this car was the last thing my mom bought for me week before she died.No other problems EXCEPT I work in a laundromat and she shocks the crud out of me every time I touch driver's side door, it hurts a lot but when tranny failed and drove in limp-in mode no shocking could this be a ground problem causing Electro Static Discharge causing TCM failure? Also recently put new radiator in her and need a new egnition for it as well.

I call my neon WILD CHERRY she looks like the one in the picture. Thank you.
NatashaNeon

Old 05-04-2015, 04:12 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If you are worried that a static shock from your hand fried the TCM, then no, that wouldn't do anything to your car. Do you have any transmission trouble codes?

Old 05-04-2015, 10:14 PM
natashaneon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do I replace the TCM

Okay P codes P1694,P0700,P0605

All Automatic pulled P0605

Apparently so did dodge. they did not charge me for the confirmation my problem is I don't have the kind of money to have Dodge do it so my boyfriend and I will probably attempt this ourselves how invasive is it? Can you direct me to best place to find a decent part for cheap and anything else that may be helpful please?

Thanks,
NatashaNeon

Quick Reply: 2002 Neon SE with 2005 Transmission How to replace TCM