2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Neon engine problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2015, 07:12 PM
jinny8
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Neon engine problems

so i have an 01 neon 2.0l. it has had the cel on for a long time now and i just recently got a computer to check the codes. (I should tell you that it has ran like crap since the day i got it. It never has any power and is sucking gas like crazy.) So i checked the code and got a camshaft position sensor error code. we replaced that and reset the computer. It ran a little bit better but was not perfect by any means. later that same month the light came on again and gave me a MAP sensor error, we replaced that and it ran a little better. about a month later the light came back on and it was a system too rich bank one code. we were misinformed that it was the o2 sensors, we decided not to replace them due to a lack of funds and the car was not causing any major issues. for the next two months the cel would turn on and off whenever it felt like it, and when it was off there was a noticeable increase in power. then one night it turned back on and has not shut off. i finally replace the o2 sensors and no luck. but without the ac on it runs almost perfect. the ac wreck havoc on the power. more than it should..i cannot find a problem. also the longterm and short term fuel trims are sitting at -17 shortT and -25 longT, what is the deal???

Old 09-06-2015, 05:06 PM
boatmoter
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

double check the a/c to make sure it is not over charged, that would put a big drag on the engine, the high side should not be over bout 175 on a hot day at idle

Quick Reply: Neon engine problems