2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Electrical issue, cluster, chimes and dome are off.

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2016, 11:01 PM
Melssj5
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Electrical issue, cluster, chimes and dome are off.

Hi Guys, please help, ABout 2 months ago I took the car to a mechanic to replace the idler pulley and serpentine belt. When I received the car I noticed the cluster gauges, backlight, chimes, dome lights where out. The mechanic began to check fuses and more everything he could and the worked again. Today after 2 months from that while driving it happened again. The car starts and runs normal but I have no interior electricity...

I have read that could be the BCM, a fuse or the whole Cluster that is damaged... I hope whatever it is that can be fixed because I have no junk yards in my country and can only buy new parts from the US.

I have a 2002 LX export (sunroof, rear disc, rear fog lights, frontal healdlights adjustment from the interior)....

Months ago I removed the cluster and saw that the MSF connector its a bit burned out, the cluster and everything was working perfectly since now...

Please please pelase helpppppp

Old 01-29-2016, 10:06 PM
Melssj5
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok Guys, solved it. Was a lose fuse on the PDC, the inner Illumination one, it seems to control the cluster too.

Quick Reply: Electrical issue, cluster, chimes and dome are off.