2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

2005 neon sxt trans leak question

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2016, 07:39 AM
jubylives
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 neon sxt trans leak question

My son was driving home from college classes and lost the trans fluid. I was only able to perform a quick look at the car when we towed it home but will be looking more closely at it when the sun is up.

I believe the leak is coming from some seal on the back (back of the car back) of the tranny. Anyone know what this seal is for so I can purchase a new one? The fluid is all over the underside passenger side but it looks like it went that way due to the shape of the under side of the car. The tranny motor seal is dry. Any help is appreciated as he is now in panic mode.

Old 03-29-2016, 08:25 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

What type of transmission, so we can try and find a part number? The farthest back seal I can think of would be the differential cover/pan seal. Without looking, I'd venture to guess the transmission would have to come out to replace that one.

Old 04-08-2016, 12:54 PM
TejasMtnBiker
Captain

fill tube oring, diff cover, & pan seal. Best way is to super decrease that area and GENTLY power wash to see where its coming from, sometimes they can from from the trans cooling lines and blow back underneath

Old 04-12-2016, 06:13 PM
jdhrkns

Sounds like what I just went through & it was the radiator. Look in the over flow to see what color the fluid is... if its red you need to replace your radiator. The radiator over flow was where the fluid was pushing out at.

Quick Reply: 2005 neon sxt trans leak question