2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

2000 dodge neon engine light on

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2016, 11:42 PM
pyrochin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 dodge neon engine light on

ok so I have a 2000 dodge neon with 191k miles on it I have 6 codes in system for
p1683 power relay circuit. everything I find is cruise control related car doesn't have cruise control but light comes on dash like I have cruise control
other codes
map sensor voltage high
tps voltage high
air intake temp voltage high
ect voltage high
vacuum leak detected iac fully seated
sorry I don't have the numbers on me they are at work on the snap on solus
while driving I get a battery light to come on battery tests fine alternator is putting out 14.1v according to solus but on the vad 40 battery and charging ststem tester from snap on I got a diode going bad so I put in a new alternator and all my codes came back after about idling for 25ish mins

im at a loss for what to do next its hard for me to say 4 sensors are bad at the same time
thanks in advance for any help or direction givin

Old 12-11-2016, 03:16 PM
paw paw
Captain
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Good idea to have scanned the computer for trouble code clues. I see you don't have any replies yet, so while you retrieve & post the trouble code Numbers, I'll see if I can get things started.

Did the problem come about suddenly after some event, or slowly over time?

Check the battery to body, body to engine & engine to battery, ground connections. All need to be clean, bright & tight. Same for the B+ connections between the battery, alternator & under hood power distribution fuse/relay box.

Did you have the replacement alternator bench load tested Before leaving the store with it?

If not, use your multimeter on the 20vdc scale across the battery terminals, to measure battery & alternator voltage at idle & say 2000-2500 rpm, with a heavy electrical load turned on, like blower motor on high speed, head lights, fog lights, rear defroster, cigar lighter pushed in when your ready to read voltage & see how the replacement alternator output does.
If ok, try wiggling the battery & alternator cables close to where they connect on both ends & let us know what you find when you retrieve & post the trouble code Numbers.