2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Changed transmission cooler lines and now there is a weird vacuum noise

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2017, 04:14 AM
Cody Lunceford
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Changed transmission cooler lines and now there is a weird vacuum noise

So first off I'm not a mechanic and I don't know hardy anything about cars after having issues with my transmission in my 2000 neon ES all week I decided to bring it into a shop to see where it was leaking from.

They told me it was coming from the cooler lines and they needed replaced but that would be $200. So i decided why not just do it my self. It's two hoses and couldn't be that hard.

After putting the new hoses on I started it up and let it idle for a while to get the fluid going back through. Then i started running it through gears with the parking brake on. Whenever I put it into reverse it makes this horrible loud vacuum noise almost like you're putting your hand against a vacuum hose. Does anyone know what i may have done wrong?

Thanks

Old 02-04-2017, 07:02 PM
paw paw
Captain
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Welcome to the 2nd Gen Neon forum.

I see you don't have any replies yet, so I'll see if I can get things started.

Did you have this noise Before the line work?

EDIT: Did you remove & replace the lines one at a time, so as not to get them cross connected?

Have you topped the tranny fluid level up after the repair, if so, where is it reading on the tranny dipstick, with the vehicle level, at warm idle, after having shifted into All gears, including "R", ending in "P"???