2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Need Help with Mufflers....:)

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 10:33 PM
goldberg
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help with Mufflers....:)

Ok....I just got my new New 03 NEON SXT. Right now i have a stock exaust system and it's pretty quite. So, I need help with the right muffler that would replace my stock muffer becasue i don't want to spend 400-500 in cat-back the whole exaust sytem. Also, i m using other money on body kit, audio system and graphic. And Muffler only cost about 100-150. So, PLS i need u guys help to pick out the really muffler that sound awsome. Humm......

Old 03-01-2006, 10:37 PM
04ryanR/T
Default RE: Need Help with Mufflers....:)

im guessing you dont want the fart pipe so ur going for a dual outlet???

you dont have cutouts in ur rear body molding so the rear section from thermal research and development wont work for you

i would say go for the vibrant rear section: http://www.modernperformance.com/dcx/neonvib.shtml from modern performance

good luck man

ps if your going for the power and not just the sound....might want to keep a cold air intake in mind...you can find those on modern performance's website too

Old 03-02-2006, 02:36 AM
dtjackten
2nd gen neon peace keeper

well i am going to be honest i have a sport compact muffler on my car and i love the sound, just not the attetion i get from the cops i just decided to go with a catback system, i have not ordered it yet but i spend 150 dollars on my muffler it is a DNX and it sounds really good, i would be willing to sell it when i get my exhaust, if it is somthing you are interested in? i would probly want 50 plus shipping but i ahve only had it for a year, just let me know if you are interested

dave

Old 03-04-2006, 04:24 AM
shnormo
Veteran

May I interject with my two cents... (b.t.w. do you have change for a dollar?) What would you accomplish by buying a graphics kit for your car... It's a joke; just like your car. You get what you pay for and if you buy them rice burner POS that's what you'll get. They're more restrictive than the stock exhaust and make your car sound like ****. If you want your engine to be louder, just roll down your windows. At least invest into a good sound system even though it might be worht more than your car. At least you can take that onto your next vehicle.