2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Power band at 5 grand??

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2006, 01:12 AM
hvrobel
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power band at 5 grand??

I just bought my 2003 Neon R/T. It already has a cold air intake on it. I'm not sure if any other mod's have been done to the car or not, but it has an "unusual" pull at 5 thousand RPM. Is this uncommon or might there be other mods to the car that I'm not aware of?

Old 06-18-2006, 01:33 AM
03neonRT
Grand Champion
Default RE: Power band at 5 grand??

What your hearing are the secondary runners in your intake manifold opening up. All 2nd Gen R/T-ACR models have this installed on the Magnum Intake Manifold...i would say its one of the coolest things about the design of the intake systems.

Old 06-18-2006, 08:42 AM
Acrfanatic
Professional

What do you mean by and "unusual pull"? Because i have a 2002 acr and i have intake on mine. What is this pull you were talking about?

Old 06-18-2006, 03:05 PM
hvrobel

It's not in any particular gear, but any gear at about 5 grand it seems like (As the previous post stated) I get a huge air transfer. The exhaust gets louder kind of a deep bellow. I'm looking to do more mods to the car, but I'm not trying to break the bank account either. Any suggestions??? One more question though, do they normally have a squeak? Sounds almost like a turbo blow off valve. Not sure if this is normal either?

Old 06-18-2006, 03:28 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

At WOT the ECU triggers butterflies in the intake manifold to open secondary runners, which is why the exhaust gets louder at 5k and up. The blow off noise is probably the CAI, mine makes that noise too, some people call it the fog horn, but i think it sounds kinda cool...as for mods, check out the "How to make my 2nd Gen faster" sticky at the top of the page.

Quick Reply: Power band at 5 grand??