2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Clutch Slipping - Output Shaft Seal is Leaking

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 11:42 AM
my_car
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch Slipping - Output Shaft Seal is Leaking

Looking for others who may be having this trouble with their Neon MTX........

CAR TROUBLE
The clutch began slipping; fluid dripping from where the engine meets the transmission.

I called DC Warranty people who stated that DC will warranty the clutch (a non-coverd part) if the failure of a covered part causet the clutch to fail. Great! The leak is either a rear main seal or a trans seal - I'm covered! Well.....

WARRANTY TROUBLE
After 2 dealers looked at it (and 2 DC reps were called in) DC refused to warranty the repair (leaking output shaft seal) because of the 'oversized' tires (195/65/15 instead of the factory equipped 185/65/15)
The claim sounds bogus (is the transmissiton so weak that it can't handle a 5% increaese in width and a 2% increase in diameter?!) and I need facts, experiences, other proof to refute the claim in my letters to DC.

WHAT I NEED
Does anyone out there have any information? Having this trouble?

FACTS ABOUT ME AND MY CAR
I have an '04 Neon with 53,000 miles on it. Approx 50,000 miles were logged with only me in the car. I am 45 yrs old and don't hot rod the car. I drive 150 miles to work (round trip) all highway miles. The car has been babied (e.g. Amsoil every 4,000 miles.)

ANOTHER INTERESTINg FACT
The car has been out of service for 2 weeks as there is a 'national back order' on the clutch (Could this mean I am not alone in this experience?)

Thanks in advance

Quick Reply: Clutch Slipping - Output Shaft Seal is Leaking