2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Introduce Yourself Here!

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2016, 01:35 PM
frenchyfab
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quick intro!

My name is Fabrice, I live in STL. I had a 04 Neon SXT for almost 6 years, loved the car and loved the gas mileage. Wish I had more money at the time to do a few things on it. Technically I still own the car but gave it to my in-laws a couple years ago. I told them the timing belt was due and 3 months after they started driving "something" broke and it wouldn't start, yep it's the timing. Sat for a year and now I end up doing the repair, so I'm gonna stop here and go straight to the mechanical part of the forum!

Hope someone can help!

Old 08-09-2016, 05:31 PM
RamNeonLady
Talking

Hello everyone a little introduction of myself.

I'm Britney and I'm basically 28 (in about a week and a half). I'm In the Royal Canadian Air Force working in Air Traffic Control.

I picked up this neglected 2003 R/T Manual as a project to restore her to what she would have been like brand new. I also have a 2015 Ram 1500 Sport Quad Cab......who doesn't get driven often since the Neon came along.

I did pick up the original rims for the R/T 16' so those plus new tires will be installed next week, plus a suspension rebuild, timing belt replacement, oil change, a variation of a tune up and a new windshield.

For upcoming cosmetic work that'll be done over the coming months, it's heading into the body shop in the Spring to get the dents, rust and other issues fixed and the a full repaint. New seats (these ones have burn holes in them).

The Neon is a fun little car and it's my first manual (picked it up really fast), I'm a bit of a car freak.

Old 10-01-2016, 09:58 AM
Risto Lahtinen

Hi, my name is Risto and i live in Finland. In the past i have had the Dodge Dart and Dodge Aspen and now i bought on Neon. Fun little car but really noisy.

Old 10-22-2016, 06:40 PM
BigDaddyG75

Hey everyone. i'm the proud owner of a pretty rough 2nd gen neon. Mechanically its in pretty decent shape but shes got a face only a mother could love. i don't have much money in the little beast so i thought id invest a little. I always like to join these forums for parts and advice so this is just me saying hi. Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

Old 10-23-2016, 08:50 AM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Welcome!

Old 10-24-2016, 04:14 PM
rdsmith7393
Default rdsmith7393

My name is Rick. Im 62 and live on the Colombia river gorge in Washington state. I have a 1995 Dodge neon. I found help here before when I had to change my starter. Something I found out for myself is when replacing the starter on a 95 neon, if you take the radiator fan out first it's MUCH easier to take out/put back in. I have a new problem, the check engine light stays on while the car is running. I did the diagnostic check and I got 122155 flashes out of the check engine light. I do not have the codes for this so if any one can tell me what they mean I would appreciate it. thanks

Old 11-21-2016, 04:53 PM
janie
Default Janie, 2004 Dakota

HI Stickie, this is Janie and i have a Dodge Dakota 2004 that belonged to my deceased father. It only has 58k miles to it. In late May of this year it just stopped running in the middle of traffic. I have changed the battery, alternator and starter and it still does not want to start. It cranks but the bands don't turn. Can someone help me on how to make it work. I can't depend on my brothers and I don't have money to pay a mechanic. I rather learn to fix it on my own.

Please help.

Old 11-23-2016, 09:58 AM
DPerkins01

Hi there guys! My name is Daniel Perkins from México. Big MOPAR fan here! my small unit is Mega Cab 2006 Laramie =) had tons of fun in that thing. right now thinking in changing bumpers and defense to steel custom made. My grilfirend´s a welder so she can handle it pretty much! Any ideas on the suspension for a 4x2 drive. Never stucked in the mud since i wear big tires and big engine =) cheers to all mopar community!

Girlfriend and friends!

Old 01-14-2017, 04:45 PM
Slipknot.Babe.99
Default My 03 SXT "Alice"

Hello, I am new to the forum, I own an 03 Neon SXT, Alice is her name. She has 104k (miles) (as of 1-14-17. I usually put a little over 1k a month). I bought her in November of 2016 and here are some of the things done to her and some photos..

Eagle Alloy rims (came with it when purchased)
Sony Xplod Headunit (its an older unit I've put in all my cars, I love it)
Full Speaker Swap (Kenwood 6.5" in front doors, Pioneer 6x9 in rear)
Added Sub & Amp (Kenwood 1000w dual channel amp, Kenwood 12" sub)
K&N Air Filter (because of course it does) *eye roll*
Interior Lights (red)

I have many more plans for this car in due time, lol.

Old 01-20-2017, 08:44 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Those are some bright interior lights! Welcome!

Quick Reply: Introduce Yourself Here!