2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Introduce Yourself Here!

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2014, 01:09 AM
Shwallbee
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello Everyone!!

My name is Matt, I have a 2005 Dodge neon Sxt, i have a question quickly. I don't have a spoiler or fog lights on my neon, but i have the rims and the 6 speakers, Just curious why mine doesn't have those?

Old 08-20-2014, 11:59 PM
shizznizzle

i'm brian from central oregon. rockin a 2003 dodge neon se. got the following mods:
cold air intake
header to straight pipe to custom made muffler
comp 200 camshaft
lowered a few inches with 40 series shoes

some day ill have all the SRT suspension and brakes. im constantly pimpin my ride. just ordered some sick blue LED turn signal mirrors. got the 8K HID's not too long ago. next performance mod is the AF/X ecu, you know... so i can actually utilize the bigger cam. also gonna get a bigger throttle body.

Old 08-24-2014, 01:57 PM
Mohunter
Default Mohunter from SE Missouri (New Guy)

I've been prowling around the site for a little while since I bought a used 03 Neon and figured it was time to join. This site has been the best info I've found by far and I can tell that the mods and members really know their stuff.
As we all know, used vehicles always come with "issues" and my neon is no different. Had a bad lower torque strut on the right front the day I bought it. Took me a little while to figure out that the torque strut was the culprit causing the vibration when I accelerated from a dead stop and then went away once I was up to speed. I actually thought it was a bad strut at first, then went with a smaller tire because it actually sounded like the tire was rubbing on the bottom of the strut. Then after much reading on here I got down on my hands and knees with a flashlight to get a look at that bottom motor mount and sure enough I could see that the inside rubber was cracked. I just changed it out yesterday evening, then took it for a test drive and it's much, much better!
It still has some knocks and rattles in the suspension, but at least I know the motor is supported now and the best news is that I think the middle motor mount which is the hardest one to get to and change out is still in good shape.

I wouldn't have been able to figure these problems out without the help of this forum. Thanks guys, and you will be seeing me around here frequently as I work my way through all of the "bugs" on my journey to bring this neon up to par.

Chris aka Mohunter

Old 10-21-2014, 11:54 AM
karstenclavier

greetings...

karsten here...

2002 ACR (silver w/convenience options)

Old 01-13-2015, 07:07 AM
BlitzKizer497
Default Whats up

Whats up people I figured since i just bought a dodge neon I join this forum. I have a 2000 es (wish I got the SRT-4) but im happy with it.

Old 03-16-2015, 06:20 PM
MR1960
Default New on this site

I'm glad to see that the Dodge spirit is alive and well here. My name is Mike & I have been a Dodge fan all my life. My first car was a 73' Polara (you know smokie & the bandit right). My buddy had an all black with white leather interior Dodge Monaco with a true hemi. The closest I've had to a real hemi is a 05' Dodge truck posi, 20" wheels. Excellent in the summer but bad in the snow <lol>. Anyways this is just an introduction for me. I just got an 05' Neon with 75000 m on it. Nice driving car but needs a better front sway bar to drive like it should. Anyway. Hello all!

Old 04-26-2015, 07:48 PM
Lambiotte
Amateur
Default Back to the Neon....

Hey, My name is Charlie....I owned a 2000 neon SE forever back in the early 2000's. Great little car, gave to my eldest who eventually traded it away on CL. Just purchased an 01 R/T for my youngest to commute (and play).

The early second gen R/T's seem to be a unique bird as I cannot find reliable intel on rear struts and bushing kits....I think I need to be purchasing SRT4 rear suspension, but then read something about bracket height...

Any insights out there!?

Old 05-21-2015, 01:37 PM
Ashley1218
Default Hi there, need assistance

Hi Im Ashley. I have a 2004 dodge neon and I was wondering if there was a thread here where i could post some troubleshooting questions about my issues. This is the only car i have and I cannot afford for it to crap out. I do my best to keep up with preventative maintenance. And this past week she started giving me issues.

Can someone point me in the right direction. I do pretty well with fixing my cars issues so going to a mechanic would be a last resort since i cant afford that either lol

Thank you so much,
Ashley

Old 05-21-2015, 03:12 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Welcome! Just click the new thread button in the upper left corner, above the "Threads in forum" text.

Old 05-22-2015, 07:07 PM
dlebret01
Default Hello and how do I...

Hi,

I'm Dean and I have a 2005 Dodge Neon SXT. I was trying to post a new thread and couldnt figure out how, so if it is OK, I'll start here.

I am having trouble with coolant bubbling into my overflow. If left alone, the car does overheat, so, I have been using a transfer pump to put it back into the radiator about once a week. I have no hydrocarbons in my coolant and I have no coolant in my oil. I am not losing coolant either. I have replaced my cap and thermostat. No loss in fuel economy and the car runs great otherwise. Heater works fine, but when it begins to overheat, the heater works intermittently. Water pump was changed with the timing belt about 12,000 mi ago.

I don't think it is the head, but I am at a loss as to how this is happening.

Any advice?

Thank you
Dean

Quick Reply: Introduce Yourself Here!