NOTE FROM MODERATOR: You must have at least one remote already programmed to program others. If you do not have a remote programmed, you must take it to a dealership to get one programmed before you can program any others.
I just stumbled across this on the intertubes and thought it would be great information to have on hand at the best damned truck forum on the planet (They didn't want it so I'm posting it here j/k). I take no credit for this, just relaying the info to you guys. Hope it helps someone out
1. Turn your key to the "Run" position, but do not start the engine. Shut the doors and wait for the warning beeps to stop.
2. Hold the "Unlock" button on the currently programmed remote for five seconds, and then press and hold the "Panic" button (while still holding "Unlock") for one second.
3. Press and hold the "Lock" and "Unlock" button on the same remote for a few seconds, then release the buttons and press the "Unlock" button.
4. Press and hold the "Lock" and "Unlock" button on the new remote, then release the buttons and press the "Unlock" button. Repeat the procedure for up to four remotes within 30 seconds.
Dodge Ram (2002 to 2005)
1. Sit in the driver's seat and buckle the seat belt. Make sure all the doors are closed. Put your key in the ignition and turn it to "On." This mode turns on your electronics without cranking the engine.
2. Hold "Unlock" on your working keyless-entry remote. After four seconds, press "Panic" while holding "Unlock." You'll hear a warning chime; release both buttons.
3. Press and release "Unlock" and "Lock" simultaneously on the keyless-entry remote you are programming.
4. Listen for the warning chime. Press "Lock" on the remote you are programming within four seconds of hearing the chime. You'll hear another chime. This indicates the remote is programmed.
Dodge Dakota and Durango (2001 to 2004)
1. Take a seat in your vehicle and close the door. Press "Lock" on a currently-programmed remote five times, allowing two seconds to pass between each press.
2. Place your key in the ignition. Turn it to "Run." Keep it in run until the chiming stops. Once the chiming stops, press and hold "Lock" for four seconds on the programmed remote. After four seconds, press and hold "Panic" along with "Lock" for one second, and then release both buttons. Listen for a single chime.
3. Press and release "Unlock" and "Lock" on the remote you want to program, and then press and release "Unlock." Listen for a single chime. This indicates the remote is programmed.
Dodge Neon (2000 to 2006)
1. Place the key in the ignition. Turn it to "Run." Press and hold "Unlock" for four seconds on the programmed remote.
2. Press and hold "Panic" for one second, while holding "Unlock," and then release both buttons. Listen for the chime.
3. Press any button on the remote you want to program. A single chime is heard, indicating the remote is programmed. Press any button on the previously-programmed remote (it must be resynchronized). Turn the engine off and test each remote.
This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members. Register your free account today and become a member on Dodge Forums!