View Poll Results: What bed liner do you have?
Herculiner
16.67%
Dupicolor
0%
Raptorliner
8.33%
Rustoleum
8.33%
Line-X
16.67%
Gator Guard
0%
Durabak
0%
Rhinoliner
8.33%
Paint
8.33%
Duraliner
0%
Plastic Drop In
16.67%
Bed Rug
16.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Bed Liners

Old 07-10-2014, 11:39 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Bed Liners

What ya' got? Would you recommend it? Why?

Old 07-11-2014, 12:04 AM
djbucky3
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
What ya' got? Would you recommend it? Why?
Well we know which one you support. But give us why, and have you tried any others and disliked them for some reason?

Old 07-11-2014, 12:37 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by djbucky3
Well we know which one you support. But give us why, and have you tried any others and disliked them for some reason?
Well, I've owned nine full size trucks, had drop-in plastics in six of 'em, a rubber mat in one and a bed rug in my current 3rd Gen (which I've now owned over twice as long as any other truck).

The reason I went Bed Rug on this one was I got tired of sh*t sliding around on a plastic drop-in. I can't tell you how many times I've busted VERY expensive poles and reels because a trolling motor battery or full cooler slid into them.
So, on a friend's advise, I went and checked out a Bed Rug when I bought this truck new. Had never even heard of it back in '04 and to be honest, was VERY skeptical about a "rug" in a truck I didn't intend to put a cap one.

But when I checked into them, I found out the "rug" was really a plastic resin and as such is impervious to just about everything and doesn't really show signs of wear or fading.

I've had loads of sand & river rock in my bed and have spilled everything from grease to diesel fuel to kerosene and it hasn't hurt the thing at all. Under the rug is a closed cell mat that is fitted perfectly to the bed, so nothing gets under it like water can with a drop-in liner. It's also super soft on the knees if you ever have to kneel in the bed of the truck and of course, you gotta really hit a turn to have anything move across it. Velcro will also stick to it if you really want something to stay planted.

I used to be diligent and unzip the rug part out about once a year, hang it and hit it with a pressure washer which kept it looking new but I have to admit I've gotten lazy and haven't cleaned it in about four or five years now. It's still in perfect shape, just dingy.

I won't own anything else in any trucks I may buy. I'm that sold on it...

Old 07-11-2014, 01:20 AM
BBartow
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You forgot Monstaliner

Old 07-11-2014, 09:48 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Received 3,164 Likes on 2,918 Posts

Only get 12 choices in a poll unfortunately.

Old 07-11-2014, 01:14 PM
BBartow
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Then my vote is for Monstaliner.

Old 07-11-2014, 04:46 PM
djbucky3
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
Well, I've owned nine full size trucks, had drop-in plastics in six of 'em, a rubber mat in one and a bed rug in my current 3rd Gen (which I've now owned over twice as long as any other truck).

The reason I went Bed Rug on this one was I got tired of sh*t sliding around on a plastic drop-in. I can't tell you how many times I've busted VERY expensive poles and reels because a trolling motor battery or full cooler slid into them.
So, on a friend's advise, I went and checked out a Bed Rug when I bought this truck new. Had never even heard of it back in '04 and to be honest, was VERY skeptical about a "rug" in a truck I didn't intend to put a cap one.

But when I checked into them, I found out the "rug" was really a plastic resin and as such is impervious to just about everything and doesn't really show signs of wear or fading.

I've had loads of sand & river rock in my bed and have spilled everything from grease to diesel fuel to kerosene and it hasn't hurt the thing at all. Under the rug is a closed cell mat that is fitted perfectly to the bed, so nothing gets under it like water can with a drop-in liner. It's also super soft on the knees if you ever have to kneel in the bed of the truck and of course, you gotta really hit a turn to have anything move across it. Velcro will also stick to it if you really want something to stay planted.

I used to be diligent and unzip the rug part out about once a year, hang it and hit it with a pressure washer which kept it looking new but I have to admit I've gotten lazy and haven't cleaned it in about four or five years now. It's still in perfect shape, just dingy.

I won't own anything else in any trucks I may buy. I'm that sold on it...
I think im at that skeptical area where you once were. Will have to look into them.

Old 07-14-2014, 07:07 PM
Twmays
Veteran
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just rolled some rustoleum truck bed "coating" on my bed because, well, it was cheap.

I don't haul significantly so I'm not that worried about longevity, and the bed is already dented to hell so I'm not worried about dent protection.

On a new truck or if I constantly had stuff in the bed, I'd probably look for something better like LineX or the bed rug. For what I needed, cheapo rustoleum was the trick.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bed Liners