2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2014, 08:38 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jkeaton
Kitten hiding in the engine bay, got it's neck twisted by the serpentine belt, which caused the belt to pop off.

Old 08-02-2014, 11:48 PM
h3lzsn1p3r
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stewie01
Killed a kitten with the truck today. Must have been hiding from the rain, started the truck and heard a god awful noise, knew exactly what it was.

Don't think it was the fan blade, it's neck was completely twisted around, looks like it got caught in the belt.

It pulled the belt off, had to remember how to put it back on.....

i have ended a few here too... damn cats sleep on top of my tires at night as soon as i start to leave and feel the tires go over something i know what went down. damn stray cats

Old 08-02-2014, 11:59 PM
1997JollyGreenGiant
Record Breaker
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Thankfully I didn't kill any cats with mine!

Yesterday I changed my transmission fluid (dropped the tank). Today the rear brakes got adjusted. I had the AC Refrigerant recovered (I need to replace the compressor and the accumulator). Also changed the transmission fluid in my car today. After all this, I went and recycled the fluids.

Old 08-03-2014, 03:31 PM
Derick C.
Professional
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Worked on my good truck. Got it lowered 2" in the rear.

Name:  GMClowered_zpsa61f3370.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  39.2 KB

Old 08-03-2014, 03:41 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by Derick C.

Nice truck!

Attached Thumbnails What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?-gmclowered_zpsa61f3370.jpg  
Old 08-03-2014, 04:54 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jkeaton

Nice truck!
Where's the ban hammer!?

Old 08-03-2014, 04:59 PM
Spillage
Record Breaker
Received 66 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Well that is certainly interesting.

What brand CPS did you get?
I got one from the stealership, as I didn't want to risk replacing it again any time soon... especially when the signs of it being bad (or less than good) are very subtle, and usually attributed to something else.

I think sensors in general are susceptible to performance degradation over time (regardless of the vehicle make/model/brand)... this performance degradation in other sensors like O2, IAT, and TPS, have more obvious effect on the engine, but it would seem the the CPS is less noticeable as it is effecting the timing, and it is not until is way off that it becomes a real issue.

100K is a vehicle life, and beyond that most other sensors have been replaced anyway... if not broken changing an engine or transmission, the CPS kind of stays in the shadows and doesn't get any attention... so it kind of makes sense that it ought be changed at some point after 100K, just because.

Old 08-03-2014, 05:02 PM
Spillage
Record Breaker
Received 66 Likes on 64 Posts

He just added two sand bags??... or was that only one?

Old 08-03-2014, 05:55 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,177 Likes on 2,930 Posts

Originally Posted by Spillage
I got one from the stealership, as I didn't want to risk replacing it again any time soon... especially when the signs of it being bad (or less than good) are very subtle, and usually attributed to something else.

I think sensors in general are susceptible to performance degradation over time (regardless of the vehicle make/model/brand)... this performance degradation in other sensors like O2, IAT, and TPS, have more obvious effect on the engine, but it would seem the the CPS is less noticeable as it is effecting the timing, and it is not until is way off that it becomes a real issue.

100K is a vehicle life, and beyond that most other sensors have been replaced anyway... if not broken changing an engine or transmission, the CPS kind of stays in the shadows and doesn't get any attention... so it kind of makes sense that it ought be changed at some point after 100K, just because.
I would agree with this philosophy. Good idea getting the dodge part. They seem to work a whole lot better.

Old 08-05-2014, 09:57 PM
topkin
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not just today but. Took a few loads of boulders down to Denver, Adjusted my TV cable, SAcratched my bed liner, and ordered some Timbren helper springs

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?