2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Old 11-03-2014, 09:02 AM
Dieselweasle
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ordered a Super 10 from Amazon, should be here Wednesday

Old 11-03-2014, 08:05 PM
tincan57
Captain

Well, we finally got some trees down that had died about 18 months back. The old 98 drug them out of the woods without incident, and most have been cut up and delivered aside the rental wood splitter. I did run over 1 part of a tree that gave me a slight hesitation, (a momentary scare/reminder I don't have WK's truck).

I know, I know, pics or it didn't happen. Perhaps some album shot along the way without people, just the 98 and a blind shot of the Home Ad-visor contractor without faces and company names. It felt good to participate. It was a first for me on State employees with signs/flagpersons for lane closure. K.

Old 11-03-2014, 09:57 PM
Blue Mopar01
All Star

Originally Posted by Dieselweasle
Ordered a Super 10 from Amazon, should be here Wednesday
I miss my 318 w/ a super 10. Let me know how you like yours.

Old 11-03-2014, 10:23 PM
redneck_ram
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

we lost power last night due to the top of a pine tree snapping off and taking out a transformer, and about 200 yards of wires.

heard the chainsaws running so i figured id fire up the ole girl and go grab me some camp fire wood!

well, truck turned over wicked slow, and once she started the belt was a squealing, the headlights were dim, and my voltage gauge was dropping quick!

turns out my belt was "buring rubber" alternator had seized up...

i fixed it this morning, pulled the alt, stuck it in my vise, and took a 10mm socket and 3/8ths ratchet and freed her up!

reinstalled the alt, then the belt, and fired the ole girl back up. alt is now working again!!

Old 11-04-2014, 12:07 AM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I finally received the warranty replacement for my bluetooth car kit, plugged it in, and was thrilled to find that it works perfectly. Kudos to AAMP Of America for handling the warranty replacement when the fleabay dorkweed refused -- the fleabay seller told me that I had to send back every-freaking-thing that came in the box for a refund, no exchange, and maybe a 20% "restocking fee". I figured I'd end up paying that restocking fee because it's probably just about the discount seller's profit margin so he gets paid the same either way. Screw that. There was just no way I was going to rock the instrument panel away from the cowl to retrieve the microphone cable, then do it again to route the replacement, anyway. I'd sooner just buy another device than go to all that bother for eighty bucks.

Then, bonus: The FM modulation level of the original unit was low, so when switching from bluetooth back to FM radio the radio would be much louder than the bluetooth stream, and it's been a common complaint about these units. The new one's got much higher modulation levels and switching back and forth is like changing stations so I'm not reaching for the volume ****. I don't know if they've made a manufacturing change, or if I got unlucky last time, or got lucky this time, but I'll take it.

The Doat be rockin'.

Old 11-04-2014, 02:34 AM
Dieselweasle
Professional

Originally Posted by Blue Mopar01
I miss my 318 w/ a super 10. Let me know how you like yours.
Semi-Straight piped right now, hoping this will quiet it down a smidge, or just give it a deeper tone and less rice crispy when engine braking. I'm undecided on a downpipe or a nice shiny tip to put at the end of it.

On topic:
Brushed it off again and had some fun in the snow! I have a 10 hour reset now, so I will wake up early and go have some more fun and find some cheap sidewalk blocks to throw in the back

Old 11-04-2014, 07:37 PM
Blue Mopar01
All Star

Mine was quiet with my cat on but after the cat was removed I was louder than most straight piped trucks. I could see why it's off road only...my e-fans showed up tonight! So I'll make a thread on installing those for anyone interested.

Old 11-04-2014, 09:54 PM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Blue Mopar01
Mine was quiet with my cat on but after the cat was removed I was louder than most straight piped trucks. I could see why it's off road only...my e-fans showed up tonight! So I'll make a thread on installing those for anyone interested.
I already asked for a thread man get on with it man lol

Old 11-04-2014, 10:11 PM
Blue Mopar01
All Star

Originally Posted by Ham Bone
I already asked for a thread man get on with it man lol
I know you're waiting on me lol i was just letting other know as well right now I'm on hold till I get some longer, bigger bolts to hold the stupid WP pulley so I can take off the fan. The other thing I see I'll have issues with is wether I keep my shroud or leave it off and figure out where to mount the side tanks. Any suggestions?

Old 11-04-2014, 11:21 PM
Mopar Mike
Veteran

Got some new tires today, then hit a deer about 4 hours later. Thank God for brush guards.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?