2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2016, 12:22 AM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Ham Bone
You only lost (maybe) a tire? No body damage? Couple wheel dents?
Yeah -- it was just a little RC car. I don't know anything about them, but in the biggest chunk of what was left of this one it looked like it might have had a glow fuel engine hiding under some heat shielding, and an expansion chamber exhaust. I didn't really get a close look at it, though. It kinda looks like it's glow fuel or something similar that splashed onto the tire when the car blew apart.

I only mentioned it because I'd never heard of anyone getting broadsided by an RC car before.

Old 05-28-2016, 01:48 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What, no pics?

Old 05-28-2016, 10:56 PM
odzmaker
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Control arms

Well got 4 new control arms installed today. What should have been a couple hours turned into an all day Project.
Got the passenger side upper and lower swapped out no problem (except the lower cam bolt washer is stripped out).
Got the Drivers side upper done no problem. Loosened the nut on the rearward lower no problem ,
THEN I couldn't get the lower front so break free! That took almost 2 hours to bust loose, get the bolt out no problem.
THEN I go to push the rear bolt out IT's SEIZED in the sleeve !!! 4 hours later,
It fought to the last thread, I literally used my ball joint remover and an Electric Impact wrench eventually got it flush with the bracket, and had to switch to a 1/4" deep socket and the ball joint tool to push the bolt all the way through.
WHAT A NIGHTMARE today was.
Hopefully I don't have as much problem when I do the Intake tomorrow. I might have to blow it up with C-4 .
I started taking pics , but that quickly got sidetracked after the complications began.

OH, And I ordered a new Set of cam bolts and rear bolts for the lowers on both sides . $130 for 4 bolts OMG! But nobody carries them. and they won't be here till next Monday June 6th

Old 05-29-2016, 04:29 PM
Ramman18
Champion
Received 108 Likes on 93 Posts

Curious why you put stock CAs back in. There are plenty of better aftermarket arms out there that are stronger with poly bushings and grease zerks. And now you know why it is wise to order new cam bolts when doing old arms. Good job getting it done.

Old 05-29-2016, 06:27 PM
odzmaker
Rookie

The simple reason is Cheap and gets the job done, Poly bushings are too "Stiff" and I'm rarely mountain climbing in this so no need for super beefy aftermarket stuff. It's my work truck and I'm in it 5-7 hours a day so I want a "Comfy ride" which rubber provides.

Old 06-11-2016, 08:54 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,171 Likes on 2,924 Posts

Moved another 8 tons or so of dirt today.... Have a borrowed dump trailer..... My advice? NEVER borrow one. It is WAY to useful, and it will make you want to buy one, so it's always handy.........

So far, the tally is: 5 loads of wood chips, for the garden, four loads of 'dirt' to fill in craters in the yard. (and I have some big ones) and two loads of topsoil so the grass will grow back. The old girl is getting a real workout. Next up: Trailer brakes.... make moving the loads of dirt less.... exciting...... on the dirt roads, the trailer has no trouble pushing me through intersections, unless I start braking WAY in advance.

Old 06-11-2016, 09:23 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
on the dirt roads, the trailer has no trouble pushing me through intersections, unless I start braking WAY in advance.
Ever find yourself thinking about jumping out?

Old 06-11-2016, 09:37 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Originally Posted by UnregisteredUser
Ever find yourself thinking about jumping out?
With my luck, I would get run over by the trailer.......

Old 06-12-2016, 07:28 AM
bargeman
Professional

Been there. Done that. Only I was hauling a backhoe with a f450. I forgot to set the brake controller high enough and it pushed me down the road a bit. Truck tires were locked up but it didnt matter, she had a mind of her own . Got her stopped. But for a little bit I was white knuckling it.

Old 06-12-2016, 09:00 AM
HeyYou
Administrator

Originally Posted by bargeman
Been there. Done that. Only I was hauling a backhoe with a f450. I forgot to set the brake controller high enough and it pushed me down the road a bit. Truck tires were locked up but it didnt matter, she had a mind of her own . Got her stopped. But for a little bit I was white knuckling it.
Yep yep. The whole "Why isn't my brake pedal doing anything?" is rather exciting.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?