2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2014, 05:30 PM
tincan57
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^Pennzoil 5W 30 .............No synthetic oil. K.

Old 09-30-2014, 05:18 PM
Jigabop
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

got a new booster seat in the back for the 4 year old monster.

Old 09-30-2014, 06:43 PM
Dieselweasle
Professional

Drove a whopping 2500KM in the last few days and went through 1/2 quart of oil and about 340ish liters of gas. Also found out my lights suck a whole lot of @%# at night lol. LED Lightbar soon enough

Old 09-30-2014, 07:42 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Dieselweasle
Also found out my lights suck a whole lot of @%# at night lol. LED Lightbar soon enough
It's pretty cheap and very effective to use the 3M headlight restoration kit if your lenses are hazy, and, more importantly, stuff in a relay kit for the headlights. The relay kit alone will make a huge difference, and if you plant some premium (but not outrageously priced) lamps in those headlight housings you'll probably be very happy with the result.

Loading up premium lamps without a relay kit is all but pointless. Heck, turning on the headlights without a relay kit is all but pointless, too. There's a lot of voltage drop across that headlight switch.

Old 09-30-2014, 08:02 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Oh joy, plastic repair. When I removed my four year old glove box to install the bluetooth kit I found one of the half-barrel hinge halves cracked and about ready to fall off. I removed the bucket from the glove box lid to get more room for my fingers around the repair, and when I went to put it back on after repairing the hinge one of the threaded mufkers in the lid was stripped even though the bucket has never been off since the thing left the factory. WTF.

It'll be fine in another six minutes and 35 seconds. Plast-Aid to the rescue. That stuff is the 5h17 for plastic repair and small piece fabrication.

Old 10-01-2014, 11:40 AM
Jigabop
Champion

I used plastic welder (similar to JBweld/epoxy...two part mixture that stays separate till you are ready to use) on my A pillar to fix the plastic notches that hold the metal clips in place which holds the whole thing up.

when I first removed my A-pillar to install gauges on it, rather than the clips releasing from the cab body like they were supposed to, the plastic notches broke off instead leaving the clips attached to the body... so removed the clips, and plastic welded that sucker...

I had tried superglue, and future glue...neither held at all. broke off almost instantly...

then tried the plastic weld... let me tell you...that som bitch is never coming apart again! I think it will literally break an entirely new section before that glue lets go.

Old 10-01-2014, 09:03 PM
Spillage
Record Breaker
Received 66 Likes on 64 Posts

Looked at her as I backed out of the drive in my wife's Dart... she's is out of town for the week (the wife), so I'm saving on gas.

Old 10-01-2014, 09:23 PM
Dieselweasle
Professional

Originally Posted by Spillage
Looked at her as I backed out of the drive in my wife's Dart... she's is out of town for the week (the wife), so I'm saving on gas.
How dare you lower your carbon footprint lol

I checked the oil, to make sure I didn't burn anymore. It's pretty dirty, but cold out, so might have to bring it to a quick lube.

Old 10-01-2014, 10:00 PM
snowboundrmk
All Star

Fixed the transmission inspection plate and got it back together. Also picked up some more exhaust pipe. I'm going to add some length to it since it's dumped under the cab now and is a little loud.

Old 10-01-2014, 10:00 PM
Spillage
Record Breaker
Received 66 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Dieselweasle
How dare you lower your carbon footprint lol

I checked the oil, to make sure I didn't burn anymore. It's pretty dirty, but cold out, so might have to bring it to a quick lube.
But it's a turbo.... and as ittle bitty as it is, when you find the sweet spot on the peddle and follow it up the rev range, that thing goes.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?