2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 07:58 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,171 Likes on 2,924 Posts

Originally Posted by UnregisteredUser
It's a K&N. Totally tubular, dude.

I've missed you.

Old 03-30-2015, 09:19 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
I've missed you.
Lucky for me your aim isn't improving any!

Old 03-31-2015, 08:24 AM
HeyYou
Administrator

Lucky for me your aim isn't improving any!
I need to get more range time......

Old 03-31-2015, 07:02 PM
Spillage
Record Breaker
Received 66 Likes on 64 Posts

Took the stake pocket tie-down hooks out, and pulled OEM bedliner (starting to strip it for painting).

I was surprised at how good the bed is... there are lots of spots that are back to primer, but the only places that are down to bare metal are the top of the wheel arch where the dimple for the load board is, and the top of the pillar at the rear stake pockets... plenty of dust and leaves under there, but with a hose out, it looks fine for its age.

The vertical turn-down on the stake pocket opening has pretty much rusted away where the tie-down clamps touch... I'm missing the 1/4" lip on the inside and outside edge of the openings... don't know what I'm going to do about this before paint.

The good news is, that is the only body rust I've found so far.

Old 04-01-2015, 12:00 AM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by HeyYou
I need to get more range time......
Let me know when that starts. I've never been shot at by someone I like and I'd kinda like to keep it that way. If you stand a chance of hitting me, that is. Until then the smartassery is likely to continue unabated.

Old 04-01-2015, 07:50 AM
HeyYou
Administrator

Let me know when that starts. I've never been shot at by someone I like and I'd kinda like to keep it that way. If you stand a chance of hitting me, that is. Until then the smartassery is likely to continue unabated.
I just don't have a problem with that. A case of the giggles in the morning before I go to work makes the day better.

Besides, I was an expert marksman in the military. Pretty much, if I could see it, I could hit it. I don't shoot at people I like though. So, you are at least reasonably safe.

Old 04-03-2015, 08:11 PM
Dacamo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did some measurements for a custom interior project I'm about to start.

Old 04-03-2015, 08:13 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Put some gas in her, paying right around $2 a gallon in Fredericksburg.

Also noticed the truck has a lot more pep since the new catalytic converter was installed and the exhaust was buttoned up...

Old 04-03-2015, 08:36 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion

Not to the truck, but for it: Got an aluminum plenum pan that I ordered from a seller who calls himself http://www.ebay.com/itm/DODGE-ALUMINUM-PLENUM-GASKET-REPAIR-PLATE-1992-2003-5-2L-5-9L-/141622379427?hash=item20f95a03a3. It showed up in a state of not flat and true, and the listing says no returns, but I contacted the guy and he says a new one will be on the way on Monday. Makes me glad I didn't go with Hughes Engines after all of the warranty service horror stories I've read about them.

Yeah, yeah, I know, I don't need the aluminum pan. I'm just doing it because I'll be tearing in to install a double roller timing set anyway. But feel free to give me crap just the same since I'm the guy who says most often that the steel pan is just fine if it's got the right bolts in it.

Old 04-03-2015, 08:45 PM
FireDodge
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not to the truck, but for it: Got an aluminum plenum pan that I ordered from a seller who calls himself Video Link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/DODGE-ALUMINUM-PLENUM-GASKET-REPAIR-PLATE-1992-2003-5-2L-5-9L-/141622379427?hash=item20f95a03a3. It showed up in a state of not flat and true, and the listing says no returns, but I contacted the guy and he says a new one will be on the way on Monday. Makes me glad I didn't go with Hughes Engines after all of the warranty service horror stories I've read about them.

Yeah, yeah, I know, I don't need the aluminum pan. I'm just doing it because I'll be tearing in to install a double roller timing set anyway. But feel free to give me crap just the same since I'm the guy who says most often that the steel pan is just fine if it's got the right bolts in it.
That's the one I bought. Mine was good and true and worked great. Now I don't even have a plenum thanks to the M1.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?