2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2016, 12:05 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,171 Likes on 2,924 Posts

Originally Posted by chanced1211
I'm new to the forum but I guess this as good a place as any for my first post. I blew up my tranny last week and since I'm not driving my truck I got bored and took a sawzall to my spare doors and came up with the beginnings of half doors. I'm going to fiberglass them in and add marine speakers but for two hours and a couple beers they don't look horrible... not good lol but not horrible

Neat.

What are ya gonna do about door handles?

Welcome to DF!

Old 05-26-2016, 08:03 AM
chanced1211
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I picked up a couple interior door handles from an xj to glass into the angled part on the back of the cut out part. If it ever stops raining I'll pull the tarp off of it and take a pic of the mockup I made. And thanks for the welcome

Old 05-26-2016, 09:21 AM
HeyYou
Administrator

Ooo, rain? You are west of me, which probably means it's coming here next....... I see tall grass in my future. Again.

Pics of the process would be cool.

Old 05-26-2016, 12:18 PM
chanced1211

I'll try to keep it updated and remember to take pics along the way I might do a write up if they turn out pretty well. And yeah I'm pretty sure its headed your way, it's pouring here.

Old 05-26-2016, 12:35 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Originally Posted by chanced1211
I'll try to keep it updated and remember to take pics along the way I might do a write up if they turn out pretty well. And yeah I'm pretty sure its headed your way, it's pouring here.
You coulda lied to me. I wouldn't mind. (in this case....)

NICE here at the moment..... hopefully, can haul a few more loads of mulch before the weather turns ugly.

Old 05-26-2016, 04:02 PM
chanced1211

Yeah lol i probably could've but I wouldn't expect it to last too long, its 85 and sunny now. Seriously wishing I could take the ram for a drive

Old 05-26-2016, 05:41 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Still hot and sunny here. According to theory, the storm should have been here by now, but, looking at the satellite maps, I suspect it is going to miss me entirely.

Moved five loads of wood chips today, borrowed a double axle dump trailer from a friend, and the wood chips were a LOT cheaper than expected, so, instead of two loads, we did five. Truck pulls the trailer pretty nice, even loaded. Would be better if I had a brake controller, but, since I was only going a few miles, on dirt roads, it wasn't really an issue.

Old 05-26-2016, 10:11 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Got T-boned :(

The old truck just got T-boned in an intersection. It got home okay, but the other vehicle was totaled -- it hit so hard that the front wheels broke off and the body came away from the frame.

Fortunately it was just an RC car. The fkin idiot driving it said that he tried to brake but the thing didn't slow, so he wicked it to wide open -- as if that makes any sense at all. I guess steering never occurred to him. It hit the right rear wheel, smashed the valve stem cap all the way down to the wheel, and put a couple of divots in the wheel itself. Most of the larger pieces of the RC car rebounded about six feet, with smaller bits almost twice as far. It looked like someone smashed it with a sledgehammer.

He said, "At least I ran into nice people". I replied, "You'd have been better off running into an ******* running cheaper tires". If it proves that the tire is losing air, he's out $189 plus taxes, fees, and blah-blah, plus fuel for the round trip to the tire store in another town. Poor dumb bastud.

Old 05-27-2016, 02:29 AM
chevelle68
Rookie

put in a hayden Aux cooler, magnefine filter, regular filter and fluid change, drain plug on stock pan, and eliminated the check valve. fortunately no leaks at all.

Old 05-27-2016, 07:39 PM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by UnregisteredUser
The old truck just got T-boned in an intersection. It got home okay, but the other vehicle was totaled -- it hit so hard that the front wheels broke off and the body came away from the frame.

Fortunately it was just an RC car. The fkin idiot driving it said that he tried to brake but the thing didn't slow, so he wicked it to wide open -- as if that makes any sense at all. I guess steering never occurred to him. It hit the right rear wheel, smashed the valve stem cap all the way down to the wheel, and put a couple of divots in the wheel itself. Most of the larger pieces of the RC car rebounded about six feet, with smaller bits almost twice as far. It looked like someone smashed it with a sledgehammer.

He said, "At least I ran into nice people". I replied, "You'd have been better off running into an ******* running cheaper tires". If it proves that the tire is losing air, he's out $189 plus taxes, fees, and blah-blah, plus fuel for the round trip to the tire store in another town. Poor dumb bastud.

You only lost (maybe) a tire? No body damage? Couple wheel dents?

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?