2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Sylvania zxe bulbs worth it?

Old 09-20-2011, 01:44 PM
Novarider
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sylvania zxe bulbs worth it?

I need to replace my headlights bulbs so I went to the parts store to look for some bulbs. They have some sylvania zxe bulbs which they say are the brightest they sell. I want to know if they are worth the $60. I will need two sets since I have a sport. That's $120 on bulbs! What do you guys think? Anyone try them? Are they actually that much brighter?

Old 09-20-2011, 05:31 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

They are a little brighter, but not worth it, IMO. Plus Sylvania bulbs tend to wear out faster.

I order my bulbs from Nokya or similar on eBay. Cheaper, just as good or better than Sylvania. A word of caution though... unless you beef up your wiring, do not order high wattage bulbs.

Old 09-20-2011, 05:37 PM
Novarider
Captain

Like the zxe bulbs need thicker wires?

Old 11-12-2011, 10:33 AM
03SXTGUY
Amateur

I know this thread is 2 months old, but being that no one answered your question (and for future thread viewers):

No, the ZXE bulbs do not require an upgraded wiring harness; however, the Nokya's that burn higher than 55watts do - otherwise, the risk of burning the OEM wiring harness is greater.

Hope this helps :thumbup:

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sylvania zxe bulbs worth it?