2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

49 hours without a cigarette

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 09:00 AM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 49 hours without a cigarette

I'm just now starting to lose the uncoordinated feeling. I've been feeling like you do when you're hungover and the headache/stomach ache just wore off.
I haven't gone longer than 12 hours without one voluntarily in about 12 years.
If it weren't for my Ego-C (electronic cigarette) I couldn't see this happening.
For the first day I had a dilemma because I kinda did want one but I would pick up the Ego and then I didn't really want one.
It was also 14 hours before that last one for the last one before that.
The great thing about an electronic cigarette is that you get nicotine (as harmful to your health as caffeine) but you don't have the smell, tar or carcinogens.
I'm looking forward to my taste buds working better and having more energy. I don't know if I'm looking forward to my sense of smell working better, I get into some foods that will make me wish my sense of smell was still numbed a bit for sure.

Old 02-05-2012, 10:02 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,171 Likes on 2,924 Posts

Trying to quit? I wish you the best of luck...... I have tried a variety of methods... Drugs: made me feel like I was someone else...... Patch: Gave me some truly bizarre nightmares.... Nicotine Nasal spray: Loved it... but, didn't do squat for the nicotine addiction......

I still smoke... Just do roll-yer-owns (with a filter...) MUCH cheaper.... Of course, I smoke less than half a pack a day now too... Can't smoke in the house, two ladies with asthma....

Old 02-05-2012, 10:35 AM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion

I couldn't smoke in the house with my niece here but vaping was fine because the vapor is just water vapor. My fiancee gets the sniffles and sneezes in the presence of smoke (and hay and dust and anything else people with allergies have a reaction to) but I can blow the vapor in her face and it doesn't faze her a bit plus I get the sensation of taking a hit and blowing smoke (vapor) along with the nicotine that is attached to the vapor.

Old 02-05-2012, 11:00 AM
Wh1t3NuKle
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Keep it going man!

Old 02-05-2012, 11:08 AM
PapaG
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wish you the best of luck dude! Stay strong. I keep saying I'm gonna quit but never seem to follow thru all the way with it...eventually...maybe. :-) But I've never smoked in my house around the kids so that cuts it down quite a bit...

Old 02-05-2012, 11:12 AM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Good job man, quitting sucks. I've tried everything under the sun too. The drugs are the worst. Cold turkey is hard but the best way.

Old 02-05-2012, 11:29 AM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

good luck to you.

first its the physical crave. then its all mental, which is probably harder.
its mind over .....well, your mind.

Old 02-05-2012, 11:38 AM
stewie01
Legend

My grandmother smoked Kool's for year's, quit cold turkey, but she also plumped up like a pumpkin...

Old 02-05-2012, 11:40 AM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by zman17
Good job man, quitting sucks. I've tried everything under the sun too. The drugs are the worst. Cold turkey is hard but the best way.
I've tried cold turkey a few times but couldn't take it.
What kind of e-cig were you using in that picture of you laid up in the hospital?
As of right now I still don't want a cigarette. I even took the ashtray out of the cup holder in my truck so now I can close it. I always thought the ashtray in our trucks was a monster and not suitable for butts but great for cell phone storage.

Old 02-05-2012, 11:42 AM
stewie01
Legend

Originally Posted by Sheriff420
I've tried cold turkey a few times but couldn't take it.
What kind of e-cig were you using in that picture of you laid up in the hospital?
As of right now I still don't want a cigarette. I even took the ashtray out of the cup holder in my truck so now I can close it. I always thought the ashtray in our trucks was a monster and not suitable for butts but great for cell phone storage.
That's a great idea... Thanks man!

Good luck on the quitting. I smoke cigars and due to their expensive nature I usually dip a little when I'm out...

Quick Reply: 49 hours without a cigarette