2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Happy Birthday to Me!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 10:00 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2x1972
HELP!!! The truck's eating me!!!

Oh wait. It just wants my wallet.

These trucks seem to get into a guy's wallet faster than an ex-wife or a used car salesman on a tote the note lot!

Old 02-12-2012, 10:09 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've spent $1700 in the last week (all recorded in this thread) on this truck. I love it and enjoy all the wrench time, but by the time that's all installed it will still need a dash top piece (I already have the lower frame/assembly hangin' out in my dorm room), new exhaust from the manifolds to the split out back, CAD repair, tires, and 4.88's.

But at that point I will have gone through everything mechanically, and should have a good dependable chick machine.

Old 02-12-2012, 10:24 PM
gdstock
Legend

I think I had the crappiest dash....Replaced it and it made a world of difference. I have finished the suspension, engine, brakes, and other iutems, and truck is now waiting for paint. Other than the dash, I added A pillar gauges and aftermarket stereo. Next will be repalcing carpet and deciding waht to do about upholstery. Don't know how much money...(don't want to know) but it will be like new when I am done. I won't have a vehicle that I do not trust enough to hop in and travel halfwway across country if needed at any time, so that is my standard. Dependable and ready to roll.

You have made a lot of progress. Keep on truckin'

Old 02-12-2012, 10:32 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion

Hey thanks! I look forward to seeing your progression, and how it turns out!

My goal is to have a dependable haul/work rig, with some gitup to it. On the topic of carpet, I am so glad mine has a rubber floor liner from the factory. It is so much easier in a truck in my opinion.

Oh and I forgot to add one of those "tie-your-frame-together-plus-it-bolts-to-your-steering-shaft" things that makes the steering better to my list.

I know your dash was bad, I remember the thread! Here's what mine looks like:

Last edited by Wombat Ranger; 02-12-2012 at 10:36 PM.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:33 PM
gdstock
Legend

My truck came with a fancy tan (to match interior color) towel to cover up a dash that looks just like yours! Need to borrow the towel?

Old 02-12-2012, 10:38 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion

Nah, thanks though. I think I'd rather have a busted up dash then something like that collecting dust for me to breathe every time I'm in the truck haha.

I added to my previous post if you didn't see it.

Old 02-13-2012, 12:18 AM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I got that same torque wrench when it was on sale for $40. I didn't even need it at the time but I couldn't pass up that deal. I got its big brother in 1/2" drive later on.

Next time you're in sears and you should check out this pry bar http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...&blockType=G12 I was hesitant to buy it because I was concerned about the gears in it giving way under pressure but then I remembered the warranty and got it anyway. That thing comes in handy with how you can swivel the head around on it, it's my go-to pry bar now. I have some cheap pry bars like the ones in the picture (I think mine were from the bargain bin at advance) and they come in handy too because they fit in tight spots pretty good.

Last edited by Sheriff420; 02-13-2012 at 12:20 AM.
Old 02-13-2012, 12:27 AM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion

Yea, I have seen those, I just haven't figured out how they would be useful yet. I paid $7 and $10 for the Craftsman prybars pictured, and $50 for the torque wrench. I have a nicer 1/2" Craftsman Digitorque wrench that I got for Christmas, and I love it. Haven't figured out why it's called Digitorque yet though, it's not one of the digital readout ones.

Old 02-13-2012, 01:12 AM
mibzzer15
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You selling those chrome step bars?

Old 02-13-2012, 09:09 AM
BackwoodsRam
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2x1972
I've spent $1700 in the last week (all recorded in this thread) on this truck. I love it and enjoy all the wrench time, but by the time that's all installed it will still need a dash top piece (I already have the lower frame/assembly hangin' out in my dorm room), new exhaust from the manifolds to the split out back, CAD repair, tires, and 4.88's.

But at that point I will have gone through everything mechanically, and should have a good dependable chick machine.

that sounds like an oxy moron to me lol

Quick Reply: Happy Birthday to Me!!!