2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Got a new truck!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 07:18 PM
QuadCabLuv
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got a new truck!!!

Its not exactly a upgrade from what i had but not a downgrade either. Its a 2001 2500 2wd Quadcab with a 5.9L magnum. The body is almost completely ding free and the paint is good. The interior looks almost new. It has like zero options, manual windows and locks, am/fm, vinyl floor. It used to be a electric company vehicle. Its got 181k on it but i got it for $2400 cash. It needs a new transmission cooler, cause the original is leaking pretty bad, and new ball joints. Where would be a good place to source these parts? im looking to replace them with something a little more heavy duty than stock.

Name:  cafda0e5.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  378.0 KB
Name:  80d1c083.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  363.0 KB

Name:  7c3afd65.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  367.4 KB
Name:  2569e082.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  289.0 KB

Last edited by QuadCabLuv; 06-01-2012 at 07:20 PM.
Old 06-01-2012, 08:31 PM
redneck_ram
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nce looking truck! what brand, and size tires are those? they look pretty aggressive!!

Old 06-01-2012, 08:36 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Most people here recommend XRF ball joint's, I've got no clue about the transmission cooler.

Good lookin' truck though, time to start customizing

Old 06-01-2012, 08:47 PM
QuadCabLuv
Record Breaker

BF Goodrich Mud Terrain T/A 255/85/16 an yes they are very aggressive. They got about 80% tread left it looks like. I am going to pull them off and try to sell them. They look good and all but its not 4wd and its for work. Im sure they are hurting my gas mileage, especially with the 3.55 gears. What do yall think i should ask for them?

Yeah ive heard of the xrf's. Im either getting those or the MOOGs when I get my insurance check in a week or so. I think ill just buy an OEM trans cooler an a cylinder style secondary cooler, and delete the check valve.

Im going to start with some tint on sunday and a trans cooler setup. Then im going to break out some rhino liner on the rockers, wheels, and toolbox.

Old 06-01-2012, 08:53 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by QuadCabLuv
BF Goodrich Mud Terrain T/A 255/85/16 an yes they are very aggressive. They got about 80% tread left it looks like. I am going to pull them off and try to sell them. They look good and all but its not 4wd and its for work. Im sure they are hurting my gas mileage, especially with the 3.55 gears. What do yall think i should ask for them?

Yeah ive heard of the xrf's. Im either getting those or the MOOGs when I get my insurance check in a week or so. I think ill just buy an OEM trans cooler an a cylinder style secondary cooler, and delete the check valve.

Im going to start with some tint on sunday and a trans cooler setup. Then im going to break out some rhino liner on the rockers, wheels, and toolbox.
Need to find out how much a new set of those tire's go for and then go from there on a resell price. I've heard that Moog's quality has gone down hill, if you're gonna fork over decent money I'd get XRF, but I'm cheap so I bought Duralast....

Old 06-01-2012, 08:55 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

nice looking truck.
i'd put on moog ball joints. the xrf's are ridiculously expensive and unnecessary.

i'd guess those tires cost about $220 each new. i'd ask $600 and try to sell for anything over $500.

your trans cooler leak is probably those quick connect fittings. you can cut those oem hoses off and replace with new 3/8 inch auto trans hose and clamps for about $3/foot. cut off the hard line behind the check valve with a tubing cutter while you're at it and you killed 2 birds with one stone.

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen...ter-added.html

Old 06-01-2012, 10:16 PM
nate_9ers
Rookie

That was quick, got a nice looking truck too. I love white!

Old 06-01-2012, 10:32 PM
QuadCabLuv
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by nate_9ers
That was quick, got a nice looking truck too. I love white!
lol had to be quick. I need it to work. So im wondering whether or not to run dual trans coolers and a fan.

Old 06-01-2012, 10:46 PM
QuadCabLuv
Record Breaker

sitting here thinking about it, came to the decision that dual coolers is not necessary with the fan. Ive got 2 13" fans laying around here. Ill just put one of those on there with a toggle switch so I can just turn it on when i am towing. And Im really hoping that it is the quick connects leaking and not the cooler cause the money could be spent elsewhere on the truck.

Old 06-01-2012, 11:33 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Zman just put a nice trans cooler on his rig, I wanna say B&D or something. Talk to him. Nice lookin' truck. Are they gonna give you enough to fix it up and pocket some?

Quick Reply: Got a new truck!!!