2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Kenne Bell Supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2021, 10:48 AM
corsair231
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kenne Bell Supercharger

I have a 97 Ram, 5.9 SS/T with a Kenne Bell supercharger. Yes, it's an ancient beast and there-in lies the problem. I've got the larger, 6 lb pulley. I'm looking to upgrade to the smaller 8-10 lb pulley but I cannot find one anywhere. Kenne Bell no longer services these kits and I cannot even get a response from them on it. All of the places that I have checked that specialize in supercharger pulleys, don't show anything for Kenne Bell products. Anyone got a line on a pulley or where to get parts for this dinosaur?

Thanks

Old 11-22-2021, 07:07 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,171 Likes on 2,924 Posts

Direct from the source is probably about the only option, unless you get really lucky. Might try calling them on the phone, and see if you have and better success.

Worst case, take your current pulley to a machine shop, see how much they would charge to make up what you want.

Old 11-22-2021, 08:19 PM
adukart
Record Breaker
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

You can also check jon bond performance. He occasionally gets parts for them. I have a small pulley for the kenne bell on my Shelby durango. Still only make 7psi up top. The small pulley makes 9psi at 3000 rpm and falls off. The manifold set up that feeds the blower is terrible. Someone used a mod man intake an mounted it directly on the intake and made a custom feed with an srt10 throttle body. He made 14psi on the big pulley just by feeding the blower like that. I would make a custom feed for the blower, that's the way to do it. You could also try an 8 rib. It will look goofy having an un-occupied rib but that may be your only option.

Old 11-22-2021, 09:31 PM
corsair231

Originally Posted by adukart
I have a small pulley for the kenne bell on my Shelby durango. S.
What is the pulley diameter?

Thanks

Old 11-25-2021, 02:11 PM
adukart
Record Breaker
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by corsair231
what is the pulley diameter?

Thanks
2-5/8"

Old 11-26-2021, 05:26 PM
corsair231

Thanks, I appreciate your help.

Old 12-01-2021, 11:02 AM
gabbyRose
Amateur
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by adukart
You can also check jon bond performance. He occasionally gets parts for them. I have a small pulley for the kenne bell on my Tutuapp 9Apps Showbox Shelby durango. Still only make 7psi up top. The small pulley makes 9psi at 3000 rpm and falls off. The manifold set up that feeds the blower is terrible. Someone used a mod man intake an mounted it directly on the intake and made a custom feed with an srt10 throttle body. He made 14psi on the big pulley just by feeding the blower like that. I would make a custom feed for the blower, that's the way to do it. You could also try an 8 rib. It will look goofy having an un-occupied rib but that may be your only option.
I agree , good interpretation

Last edited by gabbyRose; 12-01-2021 at 08:41 PM.

Quick Reply: Kenne Bell Supercharger