Longtube headers on 4x4? - DodgeForum.com


2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Longtube headers on 4x4?

Reply
 
 
  #1  
Old 03-28-2013, 11:55 PM
Spillage's Avatar
Spillage
Spillage is offline
Record Breaker
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: S. Florida
Posts: 1,776
Default Longtube headers on 4x4?

Are there any major fitment issues with longtube headers on SWB 4x4's?
I know a new Y-pipe will be needed, but aren't sure of the routing, and location of the cat.

Or should I keep it simple and go with the Gibson shorties that I was looking at before?

Any insight is appreciated.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-29-2013, 12:11 AM
merc225hp's Avatar
merc225hp
merc225hp is offline
Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: N/A
Posts: 4,664
Default

I like my Gibson Shorty headers, but that's me. Just follow the kiss system and all will be good.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-29-2013, 08:01 AM
redneck_ram's Avatar
redneck_ram
redneck_ram is offline
Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Rochester, NH
Posts: 4,075
Default

longtubes fit fine. i have a quad cab 4x4, and the y-pipe is closer to t-case than id like. but thats only because im in the middle of getting everything back together.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-30-2013, 05:01 PM
lastrights's Avatar
lastrights
lastrights is offline
Grand Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: the burgh
Posts: 5,848
Default

i have longtubes check out my youtube vids !
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-31-2013, 10:35 AM
My360's Avatar
My360
My360 is offline
Professional
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 202
Default

I was looking at a pair of Pacesetter LT's and was told that the I.D was a wee bit too large. Long or short, I don't see any problems with anything fitting under the truck. But I'm also build duels out the side so everything will be out of the way for me.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-31-2013, 10:54 AM
redneck_ram's Avatar
redneck_ram
redneck_ram is offline
Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Rochester, NH
Posts: 4,075
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by My360 View Post
I was looking at a pair of Pacesetter LT's and was told that the I.D was a wee bit too large. Long or short, I don't see any problems with anything fitting under the truck. But I'm also build duels out the side so everything will be out of the way for me.
the more exhaling the motor can do, means the more inhaling it can do. so long tubes can only set you up for better options in the future should you decide to add more ponies.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-31-2013, 11:57 AM
My360's Avatar
My360
My360 is offline
Professional
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneck_ram View Post
the more exhaling the motor can do, means the more inhaling it can do. so long tubes can only set you up for better options in the future should you decide to add more ponies.
That is very true. I am getting an M1 soon and plan to add a new cam. LT's would make building the exhaust a lot easier, as well. BTW, your thread on cam's has been very helpful.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-31-2013, 11:58 AM
HeyYou's Avatar
HeyYou
HeyYou is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Clayton MI
Posts: 41,453
Default

Ideally..... for a truck motor, you would indeed want smaller primaries than the Pacesetters...... (1.5 inch would be great) Trouble is, no one makes them any more.... Pacesetters are a good piece for price/performance.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-31-2013, 12:55 PM
redneck_ram's Avatar
redneck_ram
redneck_ram is offline
Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Rochester, NH
Posts: 4,075
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by My360 View Post
That is very true. I am getting an M1 soon and plan to add a new cam. LT's would make building the exhaust a lot easier, as well. BTW, your thread on cam's has been very helpful.
thanks! its also my 360 build thread... i have the m1, 1.7 rr's cam, and lt's. its a pretty sick setup!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-31-2013, 03:06 PM
LegendKiller89's Avatar
LegendKiller89
LegendKiller89 is offline
Captain
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Brussels, WI
Posts: 664
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneck_ram View Post
longtubes fit fine. i have a quad cab 4x4, and the y-pipe is closer to t-case than id like. but thats only because im in the middle of getting everything back together.
When you get the exhaust all done, you need to get pics of what that looks like underneath for us.
Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Khris1994
2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech
32
10-22-2015 10:37 PM
KasperR34
3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech
0
09-30-2015 03:39 AM
Khris1994
2nd Gen Ram Tech
6
09-28-2015 10:52 AM
ldc1969
3rd Gen Ram Tech
6
09-24-2015 02:33 PM
tresvatos
2nd Gen Ram Tech
5
09-04-2015 09:11 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:44 PM.


 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
What's your question?
Send