2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Projector Headlights Installed/Review!

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2013, 08:44 PM
ChillyPhil
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Projector Headlights Installed/Review!

I don't want to bump my old thread up when i was asking about projectors and all so i went ahead a created this new thread.

I finally got some help yesterday and got these projectors put in the Dodge from protuninglab. I got these with the 6,000k choice.

http://www.protuninglab.com/94dorampi1pc2.html

I want to say some stuff before i post the pictures. Good and bad.

First off, the companies communication skills sucks. I called them so many times during business hours and left messages and they wouldn't return calls. When they do pick up however, they help you alot. When you send them emails, they reply though.

These dumb things were marked as shipped back in late June. Then later that evening i got an email saying they were backordered. Long story short, i didn't get them until about 2-3 weeks later than i was supposed to.

They also include the relay harness now but we didn't have a clue on how to hook it up. It's mainly for the flickering reasons they say. Anyways, the wiring harness was damaged and one of the wires was pulled out of the connector.

And for the lights:

These lights sure do look great but they could of takin a little more time sealing them up. Where they did, it's alittle sloppy but not noticable when you have them installed. Also, the company said there were adjustable. I don't see any type of screw thats accessible from the front of the lights. I do see some from the rear but that would be a pain in the butt if you had to keep taking the lights off and adjusting them.

However, they were good when we installed then and didn't need any adjusting.

Some stuff i didn't like about these lights was that there was more of a gap in the headlight hole compared to stock. Not really noticable until you're up close. The sealing which was mentioned. There is a very small flickering every once awhile but you can't tell unless you're up against a white wall with your lights turned on. The harness is supposed to take care of that, but like i said it was damaged and we wasn't sure how to put that kind of harness on anway. That's about all i can think of.

There is one thing i can't figure out... When i have my running/parking lights on (**** pulled out halfway), everythings good. But when i pull the **** the rest of the way (only when the truck is running), my radio stops playing? I had my ipod in and when i turned on my lights from the running/parking light position, my radio stopped playing. It don't turn off or nothing, but just stops the sound and keeps saying that the music is actually playing. I just unplug the usb and plug it back in and its fine. Not sure on what's causing that because nothing with the radio was messed with. Maybe an old battery issue?

Onto the pictures: (Before and After)

Name:  IMG_0522.jpg
Views: 969
Size:  116.7 KB

Name:  IMG_0526.jpg
Views: 860
Size:  122.9 KB

Name:  IMG_0538.jpg
Views: 998
Size:  143.3 KB

Name:  IMG_0545.jpg
Views: 1301
Size:  142.3 KB

Name:  IMG_0548.jpg
Views: 3928
Size:  115.4 KB

Name:  IMG_0550.jpg
Views: 2088
Size:  96.6 KB

Name:  IMG_0530.jpg
Views: 861
Size:  86.2 KB

What do you all think? I know some of you are not big fans of projectors, but these are pretty nice ones i thought. And if you could help me on my little radio problem, that would be great.

*If the pictures are too big, sorry. I didn't get time to resize them.*

Old 07-15-2013, 12:00 AM
Paul DeHayes
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice man, which lights were these btw? I'm looking to replace mine with LED's as well

Old 07-15-2013, 07:59 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,171 Likes on 2,924 Posts

Seems REALLY strange your radio would freak out when you turn on the lights..... How is your battery/charging system? Are these lights a significantly higher draw the stock?

Old 07-15-2013, 08:50 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

Not a fan, but it's not my truck, I gotta ask though; Why are your tow mirrors flipped out?

Old 07-15-2013, 09:01 AM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

In My buddy's old bronco the radio would always start to flicker when his alternator was going out. Had replacing it down to a science he had to do it so many times

Old 07-15-2013, 09:50 AM
ChillyPhil
All Star

Originally Posted by Paul DeHayes
Very nice man, which lights were these btw? I'm looking to replace mine with LED's as well
Thanks man, and the link is in my description.

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Seems REALLY strange your radio would freak out when you turn on the lights..... How is your battery/charging system? Are these lights a significantly higher draw the stock?
Battery voltage seems fine still. I had the battery since i got the truck but I'm not sure if it's that or not. But that's what i thought because maybe since they have hid kits in, they would draw more?

Originally Posted by jkeaton
Not a fan, but it's not my truck, I gotta ask though; Why are your tow mirrors flipped out?
Because ghost trailer.

Originally Posted by Ham Bone
In My buddy's old bronco the radio would always start to flicker when his alternator was going out. Had replacing it down to a science he had to do it so many times
Well mine doesn't flicker. It just stops playing the music when i go from my running lights to regular nighttime driving lights. It don't do it though when my truck is shut off with the key turned to the on position. Only when I have my truck running and turn the lights completely on, it'll stop playing. I don't listen to too much radio, just my ipod. I have to unplug it and plug it back in for the sound to come back.

Old 07-15-2013, 10:13 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Received 3,171 Likes on 2,924 Posts

What does you stereo system consist of?

Old 07-15-2013, 12:05 PM
ChillyPhil
All Star

Originally Posted by HeyYou
What does you stereo system consist of?
Sony head unit with stock speakers for now. And I just have 2 10" subs hooked up to an amp. Thats about it for that. I also have a radar detector and a cb radio hooked up but they don't really do anything.

Old 07-15-2013, 12:35 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

Does your radio do it too, or just your iPod?

Old 07-15-2013, 12:52 PM
ChillyPhil
All Star

Radio does it too. I have to switch around stations until the sound comes back.

Quick Reply: Projector Headlights Installed/Review!