2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Dana 60 Swap!

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 10:46 AM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by corbo1962
The OffRoad Editions came stock with 33's and 410 gears. The match up is perfect. I drove my truck for 7 years before I went to 35's and 456 gearing and was very pleased with the performance. It was good all around. Congratulations on your axle upgrade. What a project!
Yep I think it's gonna be a good combo.

This axle upgrade is tHe best thing I have ever done to my truck. It did turn out to be quite the project and more work then I thought, especially with the rear setup. But that's what makes it fun right?

In other news, does anyone think I actually NEED A steering stabilizer?

I don't have one right now as the stock one doesn't work with my steering setup. I've been up at 80mph and it steers and handles fine so I'm leaning toward just forgetting it for now. Guess I might want it off roading though....

Old 03-05-2014, 10:48 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,177 Likes on 2,930 Posts

if it isn't an issue on-road, I don't think it will be an issue off-road either. If you like it without one, don't worry about it.

Old 03-05-2014, 10:51 AM
Wh1t3NuKle
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Does it help you feel better that I've run w/o a stabby for almost 2 years now?

It comes down to your own steering response. Caster setting, alignment, wheels/tires, etc.

You just got all the new 08.5 steering right? So all the joints are new with the sweet lube nectar-o-life.

Old 03-05-2014, 10:55 AM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Wh1t3NuKle
Does it help you feel better that I've run w/o a stabby for almost 2 years now?

It comes down to your own steering response. Caster setting, alignment, wheels/tires, etc.

You just got all the new 08.5 steering right? So all the joints are new with the sweet lube nectar-o-life.
I was actually going through your thread and that's what reminded me that I don't even have one. I love the way it steers now. Just need a redhead box and I'll be perfect.

Yes I have the all new 8.5 steering setup. I always felt the stabilizer just covered up the real issues anyway.

I'll be fine without then

Old 03-05-2014, 11:16 PM
corbo1962
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, I agree with you Hambone, the swap was the best upgrade I have made to date. Its hard to remember how bad the brakes actually were. Just a few hours ago, a small car came to a complete stop in front of me, for no apparent reason and would have basically committed suicide if it wasn't for the 1 ton 4wheel disc brake set up I have now. I was able to stop with room to spare. Before the swap, that little car would have found out what a RAM felt like.

Old 03-06-2014, 12:26 AM
Wildman4x4nut
Record Breaker
Received 149 Likes on 114 Posts

Ham Bone,
A steering Stabilizer is more of a band aid than anything. If your truck is driving and steering correctly down the road then I don't see a reason for you to need one.

Quick Reply: Dana 60 Swap!