2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

97' 3500 10" Sub-Woofer Enclosure

Old 08-27-2013, 09:41 PM
MrInfinit3
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking 97' 3500 10" Sub-Woofer Enclosure

Hello;
I'm new to these forums so am not sure if this is in the correct section or not but....

http://www.supercrewsound.com/commer...Id=64&catId=62

If anyone has one of these enclosures (single sub) could you possibly post up the measurements for me so that I could replicate it?

My father is dying to get his hands on a sub for his truck ever since I installed a new head unit and replaced the speakers for him. He's asking for one of those slim "all-in-one" units like Pioneer and Infinity makes...but I know they sound like hell and something could be build to sound WAAAAAAY better for the $200-$300 these units cost. SO I'm building him something for his b-day. Problem is...since it's a gift... I do not have access to the truck for measurements. I have already purchased / built some of the components such as:
        I built an enclosure already simply guessing the dimensions using an extended wave ported design (similar to the bose wave radio) but it just sounds like *** when bench testing in my shed. I've been doing this for 15 years and never had any problem before.

A bit about my exp. :
        7x IASCA SQ trophies / 3x SPL trophy placements back when I was an installer for Tweeter Inc. in college. After that I moved to a sub-contractor for Chrysler in So.California developing aftermarket integration to the new (at the time) CCbus system as an Electronics Engineering Apprentice.
        I now have degrees (BS) in both Electronic Eng. and Thermal Dynamics (physics) with a minor in IT security.
        (Lots of spare time lol) Now days, I donate most of my time doing research for companies like AMD (cpu division), Asus, and Nvidia investigating and helping in the design of efficient cooling methods. I am currently making a few x-tra $$$ on the side building high-end 12V Tripath amplifiers and specialty needs computer systems, but not enough $$ to brag about. (Facebook= Socom Computers)
        But back on topic.....

Coupled with the fact that I'm disabled (broken back in 4 places), I'm getting pretty frustrated. And being on Social Security, I cannot just go out and buy/order a pre-made enclosure. BUT; I do have several spare sheets of 1/4",1/2", and 3/8" MDF and a-whole-lot of spare time.

So to re-cap:

Thank you;
                    -Jake

Old 08-27-2013, 10:24 PM
                    Silconcer
                    Amateur
                    Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just put in a Pioneer TS-SWX251 a few weeks ago. It's one of those shallow mount subs (good for 800W/200w Nominal) that came already in the box and fits very well under the rear seat. You will need to find a way to mount it as it will slide out from under the seat. The kit comes with some L brackets but I didn't use them. I only have it powered with a little 250 watt amp and it sound wonderful. The amp was a freebie good but it lacks a little in tunability.

But all in all it's a great little sub/box combo. I got mine at a local flea market for $160.

Here's a link to it on the Pioneer website.
                    http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...ount/TS-SWX251

Search this Thread
                    Quick Reply: 97' 3500 10" Sub-Woofer Enclosure