2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

After market stereo - Power but no sound...

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 04:32 PM
oxymoron29
Veteran
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

From the CR012 package:

"If your vehicle is equipped with a Chrysler-Infinity audio system, it will be necessary to connect the blue wire of the CR012 harness to the blue or blue/white (amp remote or power antenna) wire of the stereo. This will turn on the Infinity-Amplified speakers."

BTW, are you sure your left over wire is not violet/black? Looking at the wiring diagram I don't see a blue/black...

Also, just to clear the air, the stock infinity amps can all be retained and mounted on your new speakers if you wish. The nota bene above applies to it.

Old 08-19-2013, 04:36 PM
Willster
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It could be violet and black, oxy, I do know it is the wire that was plugged into the back of the OE deck all by itself and said AMP where it was hooked up, which, now reading all of this Infinity system information, makes perfect sense.

So, do I need to hook that wire coming from the truck, to either of those other blue wires, or anywhere otherwise? Or just by hooking up the power antenna wires from the head unit and the CR012 harness together, that will make my speakers work?

Last edited by Willster; 08-19-2013 at 04:40 PM.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:57 PM
oxymoron29
Veteran
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Willster
So, do I need to hook that wire coming from the truck, to either of those other blue wires, or anywhere otherwise? Or just by hooking up the power antenna wires from the head unit and the CR012 harness together, that will make my speakers work?
The latter should make your system work assuming all your other connections are wired correctly. Let us know how it works out.

Old 08-19-2013, 10:50 PM
Willster
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

YES! I hooked the solid blue (power antenna) wire from the black harness up to the blue/white wire from my Pioneer, and my truck is ROCKIN!!!! Don't even have the "amp" wire (the black and violet one) from the truck hooked up to anything, taped it off, the radio AND CD player are working GOOD! Gonna have to adjust the EQ on the Super Tuner dowwwwn, with the power of it and the Infinity system together, it was starting to distort on less than 30 volume level lol, but was hitting plenty hard and sounded GREAT! And oxy, you were right, I read the instruction thing that came with the C012 harness closer, and sure enough those Chrysler/Infinity system instructions were right there in the middle! I probably overlooked them yesterday because I didn't realize my truck has the Infinity system.....

Thank you all for your help and input, and I hope this can help others that run into the same issue!!!! Happy Happy Happy right here!!!

The following users liked this post:
deedodge99 (10-22-2022)
Old 07-18-2021, 06:47 PM
squatch0920
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Willster
YES! I hooked the solid blue (power antenna) wire from the black harness up to the blue/white wire from my Pioneer, and my truck is ROCKIN!!!! Don't even have the "amp" wire (the black and violet one) from the truck hooked up to anything, taped it off, the radio AND CD player are working GOOD! Gonna have to adjust the EQ on the Super Tuner dowwwwn, with the power of it and the Infinity system together, it was starting to distort on less than 30 volume level lol, but was hitting plenty hard and sounded GREAT! And oxy, you were right, I read the instruction thing that came with the C012 harness closer, and sure enough those Chrysler/Infinity system instructions were right there in the middle! I probably overlooked them yesterday because I didn't realize my truck has the Infinity system.....

Thank you all for your help and input, and I hope this can help others that run into the same issue!!!! Happy Happy Happy right here!!!

Hey bud I am having the same issue. I followed what you found worked and still have no audio. See pictures for reference

Quick Reply: After market stereo - Power but no sound...