2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

1995 Dodge Ram 1500 with Hughes Intake

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 09:45 PM
Forceofwon
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1995 Dodge Ram 1500 with Hughes Intake

If anyone remembers me on here-I had alot of problems in the past with this truck, 318 engine and standard tranny. The stock intake manifold was warped AND had the plenum plate problems. I was told to buy a Hughes intake, and sure enough-solved the problem. Truck has been running great. That was in Oklahoma. I moved out to Arizona, and low and behold, emissions inspections, my truck failed all tests. Because there are NO provisions for the EGR valve in the Hughes intake, and I threw out the EGR valve-Im screwed. Its either buy another vehicle or spend lots of $$ having to put everything back to stock. I opted to buy another vehicle.
I will selll this truck as is for $1500. It has shorty headers, Accel super coil, expensive plug wires and of course the Hughes intake. If any of you live in Az, I live in Mesa and you can email me at DarrelRiffle@live.com. Truck also has a fairly new paint job

Old 09-25-2013, 10:57 PM
getdown78
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That where you screwed up by moving to a emissions state ! I live in colorado springs,co and they don't do them anymore here but i know my truck would fail !

Old 09-25-2013, 10:58 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Please post items for sale, including trucks in the appropriate section (classifieds). I am closing this thread but leaving it here so others can see it.

Quick Reply: 1995 Dodge Ram 1500 with Hughes Intake