2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

5" Lift Is On!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 05:55 PM
ChillyPhil
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dang, sounds like some money is involved in the Dana 60. I see Hambone has a thread on it, so I've been reading it. And i don't wanna lose my precious, new $200 wheels.

Wouldn't i be fine just with the 44 and 35s? I mean, i don't romp it. I drive like grandpa for the most part. I never sat still and did a burnout ever. Just do "one wheel, sex appeals" from a stop when I'm turning.

Old 10-17-2013, 06:23 PM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Three front end jobs from a shop. (I don't think you do your own work) will about pay for it lol

Will you be fine? Yea. You'll be better if you don't actually wheel your truck, idk if you do or not.

Hey you can make the 44 work but if you start wanting to upgrade the 44 just ditch it and get a 60

Old 10-17-2013, 06:23 PM
BBartow
Captain

My wheels are el cheapo's as well, but I think they look awesome.

Old 10-17-2013, 07:17 PM
merc225hp
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ChillyPhil
Dang, sounds like some money is involved in the Dana 60. I see Hambone has a thread on it, so I've been reading it. And i don't wanna lose my precious, new $200 wheels.

Wouldn't i be fine just with the 44 and 35s? I mean, i don't romp it. I drive like grandpa for the most part. I never sat still and did a burnout ever. Just do "one wheel, sex appeals" from a stop when I'm turning.
It does not need to be beaten/wheeled hard to make it wear out tires, straight up they just don't like 35's on them. I know I seem to be harping on this upgrade lot's but as a guy that been down this road I should have done the 60 upgrade years ago, the money that I put into that 44 and parts and tires was unreal.

Originally Posted by Ham Bone
Three front end jobs from a shop. (I don't think you do your own work) will about pay for it lol

Will you be fine? Yea. You'll be better if you don't actually wheel your truck, idk if you do or not.

Hey you can make the 44 work but if you start wanting to upgrade the 44 just ditch it and get a 60

+1 good points in there.

Old 10-17-2013, 08:34 PM
ChillyPhil
All Star

Originally Posted by Ham Bone

Yeah i don't wheel it, i go mild mudding in it sometimes but i doubt i will anymore. But unfortunatley i don't do my own work. I'm not that good when it comes to trucks, just little stuff I'm good at. I'm good with fourwheelers though. Hopefully one day I'll be a master mechanic like all of you guys.

Originally Posted by BBartow
My wheels are el cheapo's as well, but I think they look awesome.
Yeah they look good. I got all 4 of my Summit steelies for around or alittle under 200 shipped off summit.

Originally Posted by merc225hp
It does not need to be beaten/wheeled hard to make it wear out tires, straight up they just don't like 35's on them. I know I seem to be harping on this upgrade lot's but as a guy that been down this road I should have done the 60 upgrade years ago, the money that I put into that 44 and parts and tires was unreal.
Well I'll definitly keep my eye out for a 60. I just hate to go ahead and get my 4.56s in my 44 now and then have to buy all new when/if i go to the Dana 60.

Last edited by ChillyPhil; 10-18-2013 at 06:58 AM.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:53 AM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Truck looks good Phil.

Old 10-18-2013, 08:02 AM
ChillyPhil
All Star

Originally Posted by Wombat Ranger
Truck looks good Phil.
Thanks man!