2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Who Here is in Virginia?

Old 10-17-2013, 11:13 AM
BlindU
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im in northern VA.. live next to Potomac Mills mall in woodbridge. i've never lived anywhere else, so im used to everything. Driving to DC everyday (take HOV to get there twice as fast during rush hour) or driving to go out in DC. if you want a bigger hose with lots of land, look up stafford/fredericksburg areas, or even Manassas.

houses cost a bit more up here, but salaries are higher too. commute sucks wherever you go during rushhour, so you can either avoid it or theres other ways around it (metro/bus/HOV)

Old 10-17-2013, 11:19 AM
Deadsquiggles
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's always southeast VA where I live. We have the railroad which pays well. Plus about a dozen or more shipyards to work at like I do and all the different company that subcontract at all of them. Housing is pretty cheap here to. We have a 1500 sq ft 4 bedroom house we got for $150k. I imagine that's cheaper than living up there.

Old 10-17-2013, 11:50 AM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

In southwest va quite a lot of people still think everyone needs "churchn" and everything that's associated with that. The state is blue but southwest va is mostly red. It is somewhat diverse, I guess. But not really. Where I live, near Blacksburg. There's about jack for jobs honestly. At least big industry or anything like that. It' all left long ago to go up north. But on the plus it's pretty quiet and the rednecks mostly keep to themselves.

Old 10-17-2013, 11:55 AM
Gary-L
Legend

The State has an impressive unemployment rate compared to the national average and is just a couple of tenths higher than Oklahoma's.

So far, I like what I'm learning.

Old 10-17-2013, 02:35 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by Ham Bone
In southwest va quite a lot of people still think everyone needs "churchn" and everything that's associated with that. The state is blue but southwest va is mostly red. It is somewhat diverse, I guess. But not really. Where I live, near Blacksburg. There's about jack for jobs honestly. At least big industry or anything like that. It' all left long ago to go up north. But on the plus it's pretty quiet and the rednecks mostly keep to themselves.
Which is why I dont live in Blacksburg anymore....You got Va. Tech as the big employee there. Radford Arsonal and Volvo in Radford, Celanese in Narrows. Beautiful country there though, and we all know Virginia is for Lovers.....

Old 10-17-2013, 04:08 PM
Ham Bone
Champion

Originally Posted by jkeaton
Which is why I dont live in Blacksburg anymore....You got Va. Tech as the big employee there. Radford Arsonal and Volvo in Radford, Celanese in Narrows. Beautiful country there though, and we all know Virginia is for Lovers.....
Why dont you live here? Which reason haha. Im currently attending tech and volvo is in Dublin right down the road from the high school

Old 10-17-2013, 07:51 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by Ham Bone
Why dont you live here? Which reason haha. Im currently attending tech and volvo is in Dublin right down the road from the high school
No jobs in my line of work.....I went to NRCC.

Old 10-18-2013, 11:30 AM
Gary-L
Legend

Did some cursory house hunting last night and found a couple of really nice properties. One is a fantastic house built in the 1880's w/ a cellar and a humongous barn on 10 acres. Everything about it gives me a serious woodrow. We aren't in the market yet, but the g/f is going to check it out as it's not too far from where she lives and there's a lot about that place that she likes.

Thanks for the feedback, folks. Virginia sounds more and more like a great place.

Old 10-18-2013, 11:51 AM
Ham Bone
Champion

Gary you host the up coming annual VA dodge forum 2nd gen party on your giant property

Old 10-20-2013, 08:47 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So when you coming over Gary?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Who Here is in Virginia?