2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Terrible night

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2013, 07:58 PM
jpsycoboy5
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Terrible night

I just received news while I am out of town working my 96 ram ext cab short bed and my 97 1500 5 speed were stolen. Someone drug them out of the yard and tore it all to hell. What really upsets me is I had my quad in the back of one and a bunch of parts from my 73 charger inside the other one. I'm pretty sure I know who did it about 6 days ago a guy went to the farm and was asking about them and wanting to buy them anyways I just needed to vent I had about 8 grand into the trucks along with about 2 grand in items in the trucks. I had many hours of time blood sweat and memories into them I called the cops and they said basically I can't do anything until I'm back in town. Anyways thanks for listening guys

Last edited by jpsycoboy5; 11-25-2013 at 08:07 PM.
Old 11-25-2013, 08:37 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's some bullsh!t man! Better hurry up and get back in town and get the cops off their lazy **** and actually do some police work before it's too late.

Old 11-25-2013, 08:41 PM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hate to hear that man. It's awful what some people will steep too

Old 11-25-2013, 09:07 PM
jpsycoboy5
Professional

The cops said that I'm basically f'd they said its very unlikely the trucks will be returned to me a police report was filed I had my mom do it since she has the titles but when I called they weren't very eager to help me out I'm about 99% sure I know who took them when I get back in town I'm gonna cruise past his house on a daily basis. The cops said I didn't have any actual proof so they can't go check it out so basically I guess I'm just taking it as a loss I didn't have insurance on them and they weren't registered since last winter oh well I believe in karma and whoever stole them will get there's hopefully it's just pisses me off I have some much time into them and they're gone.

Old 11-25-2013, 09:26 PM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jpsycoboy5
The cops said that I'm basically f'd they said its very unlikely the trucks will be returned to me a police report was filed I had my mom do it since she has the titles but when I called they weren't very eager to help me out I'm about 99% sure I know who took them when I get back in town I'm gonna cruise past his house on a daily basis. The cops said I didn't have any actual proof so they can't go check it out so basically I guess I'm just taking it as a loss I didn't have insurance on them and they weren't registered since last winter oh well I believe in karma and whoever stole them will get there's hopefully it's just pisses me off I have some much time into them and they're gone.
You have a title, with a VIN, and if you see your truck you should be able to get it back, how is that not proof

Old 11-25-2013, 09:35 PM
tincan57
Captain

I got two big shepherds tied to the diesels, they're trained to point to the 97 gasser. K.

Don't over look Home owners policy...............

Last edited by tincan57; 11-25-2013 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Home owners pollicy
Old 11-25-2013, 11:06 PM
jpsycoboy5
Professional

Originally Posted by tincan57
I got two big shepherds tied to the diesels, they're trained to point to the 97 gasser. K.

Don't over look Home owners policy...............
Man I never thought about hooking the dog up to it I have a 145 bullmastiff Rottweiler mix he's a big boy. Also I'm not sure what's up with the cops they gave me and my mom the run around I don't know I'm taking it well the big upset is that Wednesday I was gonna trade all three for a mint Florida 12v without a spot of rust 6" lift 4wd that's what I'm really upset about

Old 11-25-2013, 11:43 PM
dman12323
Veteran

Man people suck,that's ****ed up, Sorry for your loss. I've never had my truck stolen but I fear each time I leave my truck for a distance or long time or in the wrong spot. Im also not surprised about the cops attitude. It seems that anywhere you go the cops don't care if your vehicle is stolen. Its like they honestly don't care in most states. Here in Arizona its like pulling teeth and by the time the officer puts down his donuts and coffee the stolen vehicle is already in Mexico. But sorry for you loss. The person who stole it im sure will get very bad karma.

Old 11-26-2013, 01:20 AM
jpsycoboy5
Professional

Originally Posted by dman12323
Man people suck,that's ****ed up, Sorry for your loss. I've never had my truck stolen but I fear each time I leave my truck for a distance or long time or in the wrong spot. Im also not surprised about the cops attitude. It seems that anywhere you go the cops don't care if your vehicle is stolen. Its like they honestly don't care in most states. Here in Arizona its like pulling teeth and by the time the officer puts down his donuts and coffee the stolen vehicle is already in Mexico. But sorry for you loss. The person who stole it im sure will get very bad karma.
I know honestly it wasn't even worth my time calling the police but at least now if they try to register them they hopefully come back as stolen

Old 11-26-2013, 07:23 AM
jpsycoboy5
Professional

My suspicions were right the kid who wanted to buy one of my trucks maybe 16 at most anyways I gave him a call last night and he lied and said he didn't know anything well after words I texted and said there would be no police involvement and some other choice words anyways the trucks are being returned today with everything inside I'm pretty stoked

Quick Reply: Terrible night