2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Custom

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2014, 11:51 PM
ThaBigYoss
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom

Today I got around to building a custom holder in the bed of my Ram to hold fishing poles vertically rather than laying them in the bed where they can break, and am thinking about making a custom light bar to mount some of road lights on and it got me wondering if anyone has any other ideas or has done any small mods like this. Really just want to see what kind of ideas people have to make their truck more practical or "cool" without spending a ton of money and doing it themselves.

Old 04-21-2014, 09:39 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

Plastidipped wheels, nightshaded tails, LED interior lights, projector headlights, lots of appearance mods out there. Depends on what you want your truck to look like.

Old 04-21-2014, 11:51 AM
Greatrack2012
Professional

What did you use to make the holders? and we're did you put them? I've been trying to figure out how to do this for a year or so now. I have had to pretty expensive rods brake so far in the past couple years, they also just get tangled with each other and it's a pain in the ****.

Old 04-23-2014, 11:09 AM
ThaBigYoss
Rookie

I took a piece of wood and cut it the width of my bed, then made some brackets to go over the side and rear of the bed to where the long piece hangs in the back, then drilled holes into the long piece of wood, slid 1&1/2 inch pvc in the holes, and painted it black. It doesn't look amazing, but it's functional. I may get sheet metal and go over it just to make it look a bit better. And if I had to do it again I may drill the holes at an angle instead of straight up and down. Still have plenty of clearance though.

Old 04-23-2014, 12:01 PM
Greatrack2012
Professional

Awesome thanks

Another project for this summer

Quick Reply: Custom