2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2014 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2014, 05:29 PM
aofarrell2
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by djbucky3
Timea get out the 12 guage. Warning shots!
http://magicvalley.com/news/local/cr...9bb2963f4.html

Evidently his sentence was he had to put an ad in the newspaper that showed why you shouldn't shoot at airplanes and then he had to give a course to young hunters about safely using firearms (and not to hunt planes??)...

Old 06-12-2014, 06:14 PM
Jigabop
Champion

shooting firearms at him is a no-no...

however... are fireworks legal in your area???

I think mortars would be a good crop duster repellant

not illegal to shoot fireworks in the air as they can only go up a limited altitude.

Old 06-12-2014, 07:03 PM
aofarrell2
Champion

Originally Posted by Jigabop
shooting firearms at him is a no-no...

however... are fireworks legal in your area???

I think mortars would be a good crop duster repellant

not illegal to shoot fireworks in the air as they can only go up a limited altitude.
Nope fireworks are not legal, but the cops let them go on the 4th of July as long as a fire truck is present. All other circumstances they get busted for lighting off fireworks.

Just over the southern border into Missouri, literally just feet over the border, are hundreds of fireworks shops. Most of the people there have Iowa license plates :O Funny thing is that it is legal to purchase them out of state and transport them over the border but then it's not legal to use them here ???

Old 06-12-2014, 07:16 PM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I go over the border every year to Tennessee to get big boy fireworks and bring them back

Old 06-12-2014, 07:34 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,171 Likes on 2,924 Posts

Originally Posted by aofarrell2
Nope fireworks are not legal, but the cops let them go on the 4th of July as long as a fire truck is present. All other circumstances they get busted for lighting off fireworks.

Just over the southern border into Missouri, literally just feet over the border, are hundreds of fireworks shops. Most of the people there have Iowa license plates :O Funny thing is that it is legal to purchase them out of state and transport them over the border but then it's not legal to use them here ???
Michigan was like that for the longest time as well. Except, anything that went "BOOM" was illegal, couldn't have it, couldn't light them off under ANY circumstances, cops would usually look the other way around the 4th though.... And dozens of fireworks shops right on the border. (which is less than 10 miles from me.)

We used to go and spend a couple hundred on fworks every year, then go out in the boonies for our own private show. (which, some years, was just stepping out the back door.... we LIVED in the boonies.) One year, when we put on an especially good show...... (lots of mortars, 40's and 80's.) We collected almost 50 cars full of folks to watch. (considering the nearest house was five miles away, we were surprised.....) We also had four cop cars...... (full of cops....) When we were finished, the cops came by, thanked us for the show, and not starting any fires..... and left. Not a word was said about our illegal fireworks. Or the couch that four people were riding on in the bed of the truck.....

Ah, those were the days.

Old 06-12-2014, 07:39 PM
aofarrell2
Champion

Speaking of fireworks it's about time for people to start trying them out again...

Hey my second best friend's birthday is on July 4th LOL but she never goes out to watch fireworks!

Old 06-12-2014, 08:13 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,171 Likes on 2,924 Posts

Originally Posted by aofarrell2
Speaking of fireworks it's about time for people to start trying them out again...

Hey my second best friend's birthday is on July 4th LOL but she never goes out to watch fireworks!
Need to explain to her that folks are putting on the show for HER birthday, screw that national holiday nonsense.

Old 06-12-2014, 09:35 PM
redneck_ram
Champion

i hate carburetors! theyre such a pita, had to pull the carb on the new to me tractor to clean it. carb overhaul kit is 30 bucks?!?! its just a couple gaskets, and some other small items.

Old 06-12-2014, 11:31 PM
aofarrell2
Champion

Originally Posted by redneck_ram
i hate carburetors! theyre such a pita, had to pull the carb on the new to me tractor to clean it. carb overhaul kit is 30 bucks?!?! its just a couple gaskets, and some other small items.
Yup. Complete overhaul kit for a lawn tractor is $500 - as much as a car's master rebuild kit.

Which is why I stopped doing small engine work. Too expensive. Especially them honda motors...

Old 06-13-2014, 06:03 AM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by redneck_ram
Wouldn't be surprised if you could get a whole new carb for that price...

Quick Reply: The Official 2014 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread