2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2014 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2014, 04:15 PM
tired old man
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you are planning to drive for brown I hope your driving record is totally clean. A friend of mine used to drive for them. His wife got a parking ticket and forgot to pay it, since the car was in both their names he got fired when it came up on a routine check that UPS ran on him.

He paid the parking ticket as soon as it came to his attention even though his wife should have handled it. UPS was not impressed at all and did not hire him back. He said its just their policy that any ticket you get while in their employ is grounds for being fired, whether you get the ticket while on the job or in your personal vehicle.

I've always kinda thought there might be more to the story, he had worked for them for around 8 years so I suppose there may have been other problems in that time and they just used that for a good excuse to get rid of him.

Old 08-14-2014, 04:28 PM
Rebel541
Professional

Take it off a sweet jump! lol

Old 08-14-2014, 05:49 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tired old man
If you are planning to drive for brown I hope your driving record is totally clean. A friend of mine used to drive for them. His wife got a parking ticket and forgot to pay it, since the car was in both their names he got fired when it came up on a routine check that UPS ran on him.

He paid the parking ticket as soon as it came to his attention even though his wife should have handled it. UPS was not impressed at all and did not hire him back. He said its just their policy that any ticket you get while in their employ is grounds for being fired, whether you get the ticket while on the job or in your personal vehicle.

I've always kinda thought there might be more to the story, he had worked for them for around 8 years so I suppose there may have been other problems in that time and they just used that for a good excuse to get rid of him.
Hoping for the best, driver pay is pretty good.

Old 08-15-2014, 11:01 AM
Thornloe Pride
Captain

Got a new job. Start next week for a Gold Mine about an hour from me. AMAZING pay, full pension, PPE paid for, benefits, 5 on 4 off, 4 on 5 off schedule. Mining is booming in Northern Ontario, especially the Gold Mines and I've been applying to a few for about 2 years now. They say I could retire there. FINALLY!!!!

Old 08-15-2014, 11:16 AM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

From what I've read North Dakota is a job hunters wet dream here in the U.S.

Business is a booming up there, sadly, I have no interest in relocating to that part of the country.

Old 08-15-2014, 11:28 AM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by stewie01
From what I've read North Dakota is a job hunters wet dream here in the U.S.

Business is a booming up there, sadly, I have no interest in relocating to that part of the country.
If I were in my mid-20s and recently departing the military all over again, I would head to the Dakotas for a job.

Old 08-15-2014, 01:26 PM
snowboundrmk
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ya there's no reason not to have a job up here.

Old 08-18-2014, 01:22 PM
Jigabop
Champion

finally got around to swapping the T5 into my S10 finally have overdrive in it! (had a 4-spd manual in it before) but I broke the upper hose nozzle off the radiator in the process.. apparently that motor tipped back a little too far when stabbing the new transmission in and broke the plastic nozzle the upper radiator hose hooks to right off the tank of the radiator. So new radiator is ordered. should be here in a day or two so I can get that put in and get her fixed up for a test drive.

Old 08-18-2014, 01:33 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Jigabop,

If you need some friction band clamps, measure the OD of the radiator hose and I can hook you up with some for free. I may have some that will fit.

Old 08-18-2014, 02:50 PM
Johnn123
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Thornloe Pride
Got a new job. Start next week for a Gold Mine about an hour from me. AMAZING pay, full pension, PPE paid for, benefits, 5 on 4 off, 4 on 5 off schedule. Mining is booming in Northern Ontario, especially the Gold Mines and I've been applying to a few for about 2 years now. They say I could retire there. FINALLY!!!!
Good for you man! Hope it works out for you. Mining is going good up north eh? Maybe I will have to move north, as I was informed on friday I no longer have a job in 2 weeks....

Quick Reply: The Official 2014 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread