2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2014 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2014, 04:22 PM
BBartow
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ham Bone
Yea there isn't any common law in VA. However they do recognize common law from other states
Same here.

Old 08-31-2014, 07:08 PM
Jigabop
Champion

preliminary numbers are in on the S10! after two fillups since the T5 swap it has had a 7.5MPG gain!

and 1/2 of that tank was with a bad O2 sensor throwing codes and making it run a bit crappy and wanting to stall after its warmed up... replaced the O2 sensor at about 1/2 tank and no more codes and no more stalling issue or running poopy. stupid gassers and their O2 sensors!

So went from 16mpg to 23.56mpg!

might go up slightly more now that the O2 sensor is fixed so its not running rich/lean anymore. even if it doesn't, I'm still quite pleased with the results! goes to show having an overdrive gear makes a huge difference in fuel economy!

Old 09-03-2014, 03:29 PM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

starting to get the lift bug..... ugh my wallet is too light

Old 09-04-2014, 08:11 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So a friend of mine has been having it a big rough lately, been depressed about things, at times thinking about suicide, unfortunately his life was put into perspective yesterday morning when out of the blue his little brother killed himself, self inflicted gunshot wound.

There were no signs, there was no note.

My friend stood where his brother took his life, wishing it was him instead, but also realized he wasn't ready to leave.

Life is....something else.

Old 09-04-2014, 09:25 PM
Wildman4x4nut
Record Breaker
Received 149 Likes on 114 Posts

Dude, Sorry to hear about your friends brother and my thoughts go out to his family. I do know what it feels like to be depressed and to wonder if life is really worth it. But I have never felt like ending it all. That is the one thing I can say with all the crapola that I have had to deal with I can be down in the dumps but haven't ever wanted to end my life. Now would I like to help one or two others end theirs quicker? Yep you bet I do.

The ex & her new boy toy.................She had him before she left me. I hope they are happy together and I hope he realizes that if she did it to me she will do it to him.
Be glad when the divorce is final.

Old 09-04-2014, 10:43 PM
redneck_ram
Champion

today has been a terrible day all in all...

started out at 7am finding lice in out daughters hair... got that taken care of, and then douched the house.

6pm rolls around, our 7yo son decided to try to be helpful, and put the dogs on their tie-outs. he got callie(37lb lab/border collie mix) hooked up. went to hook up mowgli(60lb welsh corgi/pit mix), and the pizza delivery guy shows up. well lets just say mowgli took off down the stairs with our son in tow.

he cracked his head open good, and his back and legs are covered in bruises. he went down 6 stairs, and landed on a gravel walkway. he luckily didnt need stitches, but the ER doc made me feel uncomfortable with the looks she was giving us. as to say yep, coach him on the story, the state should be called.. i hate some doctors. this is also the same hospital where the wife works...

Old 09-05-2014, 01:09 AM
tired old man
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I was a kid no one I knew ever went to the doctor if you didn't have a major wound with lots of blood loss or broken bones and even then if ma could get it to stop bleeding it might be days before you were brought in.

Dad was a bit more practical. He would try to clean up wounds then try direct pressure for a few minutes.If a would did not stop bleeding within a few minutes {usually not more than half an hour} you were wrapped up as tightly as possible and taken in to the clinic in town.

Some of my siblings still have stitch scars from where dad or mom sewed us up.

These days the child welfare people would have had them in chains.

All most all of our wounds and broken bones were self inflicted.

Last edited by tired old man; 09-05-2014 at 09:19 AM.
Old 09-05-2014, 12:22 PM
Arde
All Star
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Saw a report on the Houston news the other day about an increase in tailgate thefts this year. You know how quick they are to take off. They seem to come up for sale on Craigslist. Probably be a good idea to stencil or stamp your own number on the bottom inconspicuously to be able to positively identify it just in case. Drivers license # works. I doubt that thieves would even think to look for a number, or even notice it if it were on the bottom.
City is also spending something like $1.5 M for sewer grate locks. Damn lowlifes are stealing just about anything that isn't nailed down, including brass flower vases from cemeteries.
Probably a nationwide problem, not just Houston. A lot more lowlifes in this country than their used to be.

Old 09-05-2014, 11:24 PM
Johnn123
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Arde
Saw a report on the Houston news the other day about an increase in tailgate thefts this year. You know how quick they are to take off. They seem to come up for sale on Craigslist. Probably be a good idea to stencil or stamp your own number on the bottom inconspicuously to be able to positively identify it just in case. Drivers license # works. I doubt that thieves would even think to look for a number, or even notice it if it were on the bottom.
City is also spending something like $1.5 M for sewer grate locks. Damn lowlifes are stealing just about anything that isn't nailed down, including brass flower vases from cemeteries.
Probably a nationwide problem, not just Houston. A lot more lowlifes in this country than their used to be.
My 4th gen has a lock stock on the tail gate, I always leave it locked. Its sad how low our society has become...

Old 09-06-2014, 05:34 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have wanted to learn how to weld since I was 13 (maybe younger) and was finally able to make it happen. I enrolled in a summer course (August) at the local Vo-Tech for the Farm & Ranch hobby course that teaches gas, mig, and arc welding; however, no other students enrolled, so it was cancelled. I told the person who runs the program that I would definitely be interested in Tig welding, so I paid the difference and was able to make it into that class. Today was our first session and it was a blast. Once I was able to maintain control and learned how to "read" the heat, I took to it right away.

We're allowed to bring projects from home, so a bunch of my tractor stuff that I've been holding will be going in each week. I progressed quickly today and started attempting to do filler rod work. It kicked my butt, but some more practice and I'll have it.

Quick Reply: The Official 2014 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread