2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2014 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2014, 12:58 PM
Jigabop
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gary-L
I can't feel sorry for anyone with "Roll Coal" whose truck is all FUBAR. If he got brake checked and rolled into a ditch then it sounds like he was being a douche.

Old 11-28-2014, 01:16 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tired old man
I think I would either remove the lift kit or think real hard about lowering it at least some.

Or selling it our right and get a sensible car like maybe a '74 Pinto, those cars were real safe right?
OR, don't follow people too close when the roads are covered in snow.

Old 11-28-2014, 01:34 PM
redneck_ram
Champion

He didn't get brake checked the guy in front of him did... Which cause him to slam on his brakes, which did him no good cause the roads were snow covered and his tires locked up. None if this was his fault.

Old 11-28-2014, 01:40 PM
stewie01
Legend

Originally Posted by redneck_ram
He didn't get brake checked the guy in front of him did... Which cause him to slam on his brakes, which did him no good cause the roads were snow covered and his tires locked up. None if this was his fault.
Sounds fishy.

All of that sounds like he was too close.

If you're the appropriate distance, or more, behind a vehicle, especially on snow covered roads, a vehicle in front of you wouldn't require you to slam your brakes.

Case in point, several years ago we were driving up I77N to Virginia from Georgia for Christmas, roads were clear and dry, traffic was thick, a van in front of us and a car in front of them, van got brake checked and my pop in law who was driving was too close and had to hit his brakes, we slammed into the back of that van.

Had he not be too close he would of had to time slow down...

Old 11-28-2014, 01:55 PM
redneck_ram
Champion

Originally Posted by stewie01
Sounds fishy.

All of that sounds like he was too close.

If you're the appropriate distance, or more, behind a vehicle, especially on snow covered roads, a vehicle in front of you wouldn't require you to slam your brakes.

Case in point, several years ago we were driving up I77N to Virginia from Georgia for Christmas, roads were clear and dry, traffic was thick, a van in front of us and a car in front of them, van got brake checked and my pop in law who was driving was too close and had to hit his brakes, we slammed into the back of that van.

Had he not be too close he would of had to time slow down...
His brakes locked up and he started sliding. Instead of hitting the other vehicle he opted for the ditch... Just sucked with the outcome. The snow that was coming down was heavy and very wet. So compact that down and you get ice in short order.

Trust me, I know this guy very well, and he doesn't drive like a douche in the snow.

Old 11-28-2014, 01:58 PM
redneck_ram
Champion

Let's put it this way... When I pulled over to see if he was ok, my jeep almost slid into a telephone pole. And I was just idling forward.

Just before I pulled up to his truck I had been doing barely 20mph the roads were so bad!

Old 11-28-2014, 03:07 PM
stewie01
Legend

Originally Posted by redneck_ram
Let's put it this way... When I pulled over to see if he was ok, my jeep almost slid into a telephone pole. And I was just idling forward.

Just before I pulled up to his truck I had been doing barely 20mph the roads were so bad!
I can believe that.

Old 11-28-2014, 05:22 PM
stewie01
Legend

Drinking some shine tonight fellers, first time, of course this isn't your back yard shine though, it's legal begal...

The ABC here sells a local Moonshine, made in Rural Retreat, $25 a damn jar, and it's a small mason jar... Jeez.

Old 11-28-2014, 07:54 PM
tincan57
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^I went out this morning about 6 AM and encountered a patch of black ice in a curve. I called a couple of good friends who are prone to venture out before the sun comes up, just to give them a heads up. I think I woke one of them up. K.

Old 11-28-2014, 08:15 PM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by stewie01
Drinking some shine tonight fellers, first time, of course this isn't your back yard shine though, it's legal begal...

The ABC here sells a local Moonshine, made in Rural Retreat, $25 a damn jar, and it's a small mason jar... Jeez.

Ummmm, that's not moonshine then........

Quick Reply: The Official 2014 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread